fever, no other symptoms?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Feb 16, 2012.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

my LO woke up this morning with a fever of 103. gave him motrin and it went down, just woke up from his nap and it's back up to 103 again.
    he has no other symptoms and is acting fine. we have a new baby coming any day now and don't need this!!!! :headbang:

any idea what this could be? i called the pedi and they said to bring him tomorrow if he still has a fever.

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My dh just brought one of my chicks to the pedi this morning for the same thing. "Just a virus". She had a cold over the weekend and is still slightly stuffy, but other than that - nothing! It's going around!

3. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would say it is probably a virus. There are so many viruses that kids will get that are only a fever, or a fever followed by a cough, or a rash, etc. Many of them start with a few days of just fever. I hope he feels better soon!

4. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Yep, I'd chalk it up to "just one of those things." We've occasionally had some random fevers out of the blue with no other symptoms. Definitely follow your pedi's advice, but I wouldn't worry. Hope everyone feels better/stays healthy!

5. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

thank-you
    of course i google and I'm like great - does your head hurt???? are you getting the flu????

ugh.
    he told me his fever hurts. :FIFblush:
    too cute.

with the new baby on its way any day i just want the household healthy. AND id like his brother not to catch whatever he has as well!!
    he's been light on the diapers today but has been himself.

6. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Sounds like a virus. My kids recently had a fever (up to 104) for a few days without other symptoms. It went away on its own. I hope everything goes well with your baby's birth!