Fever that won't stop

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by becasquared, Jun 3, 2012.

1. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Glad to hear, Bex!

2. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I still say strep. Puking is strep, fever is strep. This is lasting a long time and those rapid strep tests are ALWAYS wrong! Doctor finally told me after soooo many "negative" tests... that they are only right FIFTY PERCENT OF THE TIME!!

I'd go get another swab! If tonsils look bad, he's got it!!

Seriously. I've had them RE swab after a negative (same visit) and that one came out positive!! It's nuts. If he's still ill, get a gooooood swab done again.

I'm sorry this must be miserable!!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bex, I am sorry that you and Royce are going through this. I hope he is still feeling better today the fever & puke are gone for good.

I can't remember who mentioned roseola in the thread, but you are correct, having a high fever for a few days and followed by a rash is roseola. My DD had it. Our pedi said it was contagious and not to be surprised if our son got it, thankfully, he did not.

4. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about that. 2 months ago, my kids got the same thing. High fever for 10 days, puking, runny noses, cough. Turned out they got RSV and adeno virus. Doc said they got it from daycare. After the fevers gone, they were still sick for another week. So make sure they got tested for virus though. If you search, you will find out that it's funny there are many cold virus active in summer time. Hope he feels better by now. Hang in there mama!

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bex, I hope he's feeling better today!!

6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh yeah, he's all better and back at school. :)

2 people like this.
  7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Oh super!!! Glad he's better!