few symptoms, should I worry?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by teafor2, Dec 29, 2008.

1. teafor2

teafor2 Well-Known Member

I think the answer to this is no, but I wanted some reassurance anyway! :wacko: I am always hearing that women have such severe morning sickness and fatigue in the first trimester with twins. I am 7.5 weeks, and have had some nausea, but not every day and not very severe. And while I am tired, I am not falling asleep at my desk or anything. It was actually worse during weeks 5 and 6 than it is now, and I thought it was supposed to be the opposite.

I don't have any reason to worry other than it is just still so early in the pregnancy. Just last week I heard both heart beats and everything was fine, and I have another u/s this Friday at 8 wks 1 day...but I'm still nervous. Anyone else have mild symptoms during first trimester? Should I just thank my lucky stars?

2. twinmommy2B2008

twinmommy2B2008 Well-Known Member

I also had very mild symptoms during my first trimester. The only think I had was a little bit of nausea if I went too long between snacks/meals. I wouldn't worry at all! Like you said, we should thank our lucky stars. I know some women who couldn't stop vomiting during their whole first trimester.

Also, just a little FYI. I wish someone had told me the importance of drinking a ton of water earlier in my pregnancy. Since you are still early, I wanted to make sure you knew. I was drinking water, but no where near enough. Dehydration can cause pre-term labor-that is what happened to me. So drink, drink, drink!

Congrats on your twin pregnancy!

3. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

Melissa - I am just a little further then you are and I didn't have severe morning sickness, just nause when I am hungry even now I still have it in the morning if I woke up later then 7am. I start getting the period cramp after 9 weeks and as everyone try to calm me the uterus is streaching for babies. but I am tired and want to go to bed at 8:30 pm. and I did it. Now I am fine to stay awake until 9:30 :) ( and I am night type of person who could work until midnight) Just take is easy and enjoy your u/s on Friday :) checking on babies

4. cmccarthy

cmccarthy Well-Known Member

I was a lucky one and had no real symptoms of pregnancy at all!
    Everything worked out great here too!
    Good luck!

5. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

I had the same concern as you... I wasn't really that sick. I felt queasy for about 5-6 weeks, but only vomitted once. I got some tired, but not excessively so. I've not had any problems with the pregnancy and at each visit I and the babies check out ok.

6. teafor2

teafor2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(scorpion509 @ Dec 29 2008, 03:13 PM) [snapback]1125228[/snapback]
    I start getting the period cramp after 9 weeks and as everyone try to calm me the uterus is streaching for babies.

I forgot to add that though I haven't had the nausea or fatigue, I have had lots of round ligament pain and occasional period-like cramping. Its so weird to be happy about something so unpleasant, but every time I feel it I'm like: "oh, good, they're still in there and growing!"

7. Joanna416

Joanna416 Well-Known Member

I have not had 1 typical symptom this pregnancy. No nausea, no vomiting, tired sure but that comes with the territory. I would take it as a blessing that you are feeling OK..... :D

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I didn't have any symptoms at all with either of my pregnancies. :)

9. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

I was only sick a week, and then I learned not to eat anything spicy. :) But I was tired a lot, but other then that I had no other symptoms of morning sickness that I can remember.

10. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

With my boys I had NO symptoms from start to finish. People thought I was crazy! Seriously-not one ounce of nausea, food aversions, cravings, nesting...NOTHING. For nine months... It drove me BATTY! I worried all the time. I was always reassured by people from here or IRL that things were fine. It's just something us mothers do really well...WORRY!

As for this pregnancy-almost exactly the same as the boys. Except from week 8-10 I did have nausea. Never got sick but couldn't eat anything. I felt like crap! Now I know why people say you don't want it! Hang in there! And if you ever have questions-always call your doctor for reassurance!

11. Jenn G

Jenn G Well-Known Member

I didn't have any symptoms with my boys, either. With my dd, I had 6 straight weeks of nausea. It was awful, but with my twin pg, I found myself wishing for morning sickness for some reassurance. Once I was able to feel them move on a regular basis I relaxed a bit (until I started to worry that they weren't moving enough :) ) Guilt and worry are 2 unavoidable byproducts of motherhood! Good luck and try not to worry!

12. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

Ok you asked for it!!!
    I made this statement a few weeks back and I swear, 3 days later while I was eating a tangerine...well, I won't go into details, let's just say that the fruit didn't agree with them...I love tangerines, I guess they don't :lol:

But other than that, no real morning sickness, I usually lay in bed for a bit before I have to get up and run to the bathroom just to make sure that I have it all together :lol:

13. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I had very few symptoms in the beginning with my twins and bad morning sickness with my single babies!!

14. lromansky

lromansky Well-Known Member

QUOTE(teafor2 @ Dec 29 2008, 03:03 PM) [snapback]1125207[/snapback]
    I think the answer to this is no, but I wanted some reassurance anyway! :wacko: I am always hearing that women have such severe morning sickness and fatigue in the first trimester with twins. I am 7.5 weeks, and have had some nausea, but not every day and not very severe. And while I am tired, I am not falling asleep at my desk or anything. It was actually worse during weeks 5 and 6 than it is now, and I thought it was supposed to be the opposite.

I don't have any reason to worry other than it is just still so early in the pregnancy. Just last week I heard both heart beats and everything was fine, and I have another u/s this Friday at 8 wks 1 day...but I'm still nervous. Anyone else have mild symptoms during first trimester? Should I just thank my lucky stars?

I had absolutely NO morning sickness, nausea or exhaustion during my 1st trimester! I felt fantastic! Some of us are just lucky I suppose!

15. roadtocalvary

roadtocalvary Well-Known Member

I didn't start getting really sick until about 10 weeks or so.. then it hit like a ton of bricks! Then it eased off (meds helped too).. Now I don't usually take my meds but if I wake up and try to eat right away I am bad sick.. but if I wait too long again I am sick. I also get tired easily right now, but I wasn't early in the pregnancy. I can go to bed at like 9:30-10pm and I am a night owl. I find I need naps sometimes too again not like me... but then I can go a week or so and feel wonderful no nausea no tiredness.. So I wouldn't worry I think everyone is different.