Fifty Shades of Grey

Discussion in 'General' started by megkc03, Mar 8, 2012.

1. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

That was my thought exactly. Life is not always wrapped up in a neat little package with a bow at the top at the end of every major event. That is what got to me about book 3 and I felt that somethings where just randomly thrown in there like the Aspen trip with the bar scene. Once again I tried to take my rational mind out of it and just read the story without over thinking it.

2. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Oh back in the day we used to do the deed alot, but honestly I ate and had a life too :) I can see this be made into a nice thriller type movie, they really need to play up Jack though. I see alot of Christian flashbacks to him being a toddler sitting next to his mom. Stuff like that. I really feel the sex part should not be a majority of the movie (unless Alexander gets the role then the whole movie should be sex).

1 person likes this.
  3. Chrissy Nelson

My pick for Christian is Joe Manganiello , google him specifically with his shirt off :girl_devil:

1 person likes this.
  4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I googled (you said to!) and he's even hotter when he's clean shaven! Yum!

1 person likes this.
  5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

It should be illegal for that man to wear a shirt.

I'm about a 1/4 way through the second book and all the sex is getting a little old. (Not for my husband, though.) In my mind, I see Christian being played by Christian Bale, but from American Psycho.

I heard on the radio that Miley Cyrus was asked if she would play Anastasia, I think it was just a conversational question because she was saying she was reading the books, not an actual attempt to get her to be in a movie. But seriously, Miley Cyrus? :bad:

6. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nummy!!!

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

O. M. G. [​IMG]
    Um, yeah . . .

8. Mama_Kim

BTW, that is what I meant when I said it needs to be someone ridiculously hot playing Christian Grey.

9. Chrissy Nelson

I agree!!

the thing with him is he is HOT & mature enough.

10. Mama_Kim

OK, I read the first two books very quickly, bad as they are, but am slowly slogging through the third. I've had about as much as I can take but I have to see it through now. I am so sick of her "shy smile" (shy? really?) and her "subconscious glaring at her over her half-moon spectacles while reading some novel" (annoying as hell) and the "Laters, baby" that I don't know how I am going to finish. Please tell me the story at least gets good?

11. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

For me it didn't. I thought the third book would get better but it didn't. I had a hard time getting through the third book.

12. ECUBitzy

Kim, I just finished it to get some plot resolution. It's pretty bad.

13. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yeah it seemed like the author just gave up at the end...

14. Katheros

This is not helping me finish these books!

15. Mama_Kim

Me either! And I am a person that cannot abandon a book once I've started it. I have to finish. This is painful.

16. kingeomer

I'm the same way, I did curse myself for my tendencies after reading this books. Because no matter how hard my eyes were rolling out of my head during the third book, I still had to finish it.

17. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I read the first 2 books (only read the second because my friend dropped it off at my house & practically forced me to read it) and have no plans to read the 3rd. I am pretending the ending of the 2nd book is just the end. Really, I see no reason why a 3rd book was even needed!

18. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I tried to warn you all! I had to read all three too. And ugh, it did not get better.

19. ECUBitzy

Hm, that sounded alarmingly like an "I told you so"...

20. Mama_Kim

Rachael, I know and at this point I am sorry I did not listen. Ugh.

21. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I would never say I told you so because then I would officially be my mother.

2 people like this.
  22. Katheros

must. keep. reading. :fool:

23. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

And here the 3rd book was my favorite. :laughing: Just goes to show you 'different strokes for different folks'. Pun intended. :spiteful:

3 people like this.
  24. Chrissy Nelson

Heather Dirty girl!!

I think husbands actually need to read this book, I think Devon could take some pointers from Mr Grey.

1 person likes this.
  25. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

My DH read a few pages over my shoulder and asked me to download the trilogy to his Kindle when I was done. He is about 70% of the way through book 1 in a 4-day period, which is very fast for him since he is a super slow reader. I came home from work yesterday and he informed me that he found a gray tie in his collection :FIFblush: . Could be fun :D .

1 person likes this.
  26. Mama_Kim

My DH is not going to be reading these books or he'd have to immediately try out everything he read. I wouldn't be able to walk for days! :lol:

1 person likes this.
  27. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bahaha! Mine too!! And he'd expect it 3x a day everyday!

28. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So after all the different opinions I've read, I picked it up last week to read it. (The first one). My inner goddess doesn't get the hype and my subconscious is wondering if I'm going to waste my time reading the other two.

4 people like this.
  29. kingeomer

On the husband note, there is no way I would ever let my husband read these books. Like some of the other hubbies mentioned in this thread, he would never leave me alone.
    He's just not allowed to read these books :laughing:

30. Katheros

My husband has read a bit over my shoulder, and I have read some of it to him.. :blush: But he would definitely not read it the whole thing on his own.

On a side note, he came home from Lowe's yesterday with this weird metal tool thing and I asked him if he got it from the Red Room of Pain. :laughing:

1 person likes this.
  31. MommyMelissaReturns

MommyMelissaReturns Well-Known Member

I think I'm the only person I know who hasn't read it!! So, a friend of mine emailed me all three of them today.......I'm kinda hesitant though for some reason......scared maybe?! LOL :woah:

32. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

In my opinion, this film does not reflect the essence of bdsm relationships. Anyone who wants to try real bdsm, I advise you to visit the black London Mistress website. Of course, this does not apply at all to hardcore BDSM games, but real fans of foot worship will be able to appreciate the professionalism of the goddess Nicole.