FINALLY done with helmets

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Nov 28, 2006.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I thought it would never end. They got their helmets in May and have been wearing them 23 hours a day ever since. At our last checkup, the doc said that they were looking very good but that he would like to give Trent just a little longer so we kept them both wearing them for another month (didn't want to go through the bumps & bruises adjustment period twice if we didn't have to...)

The good news is that they're sleeping fine without them and don't seem to miss wearing their "hats". Unfortunately, there is a lot of crying right now because they are slowly discovering that they are not, in fact, indestructable. It was kinda nice having them in helmets while they learned to pull up, walk, and climb. I'm still very glad we're done, though!

2. debid

debid Well-Known Member

I thought it would never end. They got their helmets in May and have been wearing them 23 hours a day ever since. At our last checkup, the doc said that they were looking very good but that he would like to give Trent just a little longer so we kept them both wearing them for another month (didn't want to go through the bumps & bruises adjustment period twice if we didn't have to...)

The good news is that they're sleeping fine without them and don't seem to miss wearing their "hats". Unfortunately, there is a lot of crying right now because they are slowly discovering that they are not, in fact, indestructable. It was kinda nice having them in helmets while they learned to pull up, walk, and climb. I'm still very glad we're done, though!

3. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Yay! [​IMG] That is great news! [​IMG]

4. lana123

lana123 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm so happy for you it must be strange feeling not to put the hats on. Great that everything turned out ok.

Lana
    Mom to Josh and Rachel
    14 mo

5. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Happy Graduation!!

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

That's wonderful! [​IMG] I'm sorry about the bumps & bruises adjustment period and I hope they get past it soon!

7. HBMOMOF2SETS

HBMOMOF2SETS Well-Known Member

That's wonderful news!!
    Christine

8. mom i am

mom i am Well-Known Member

Hooray! Such wonderful news. [​IMG]

9. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

What great news!! [​IMG]

10. Smartycat

Smartycat Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Hooray! Congrats on no more helmets! I know what a milestone that is. John and Reid had helmets for 10 weeks (ages 5 mos to 7 mos) and they really helped a lot but I was glad to be done. I'm sure you are too.