Finally signed the girls up for ballet...

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by miss_bossy18, Jan 10, 2015.

1. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

They've been asking for ages but I was hesitant. I have fears of becoming a dance mom. ;) Needless to say, today was their first class and it was a big hit. Watching them run around with their little hair buns and ballet slippers full on melted my heart (and brought back a lot of memories - I danced for a number of years when I was younger). For your viewing pleasure: http://instagram.com/p/xrpUDAIiEQ/ (let me know if that doesn't work).

Are your kids taking any classes right now? Have any pics to share?

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Aaaw! I love what you wrote on the picture, too.

No classes yet, but hopefully gymnastic starting this summer. We need a break on tuition before we can afford anything else.

3. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Adorable.

All three kids are in swim lessons (finally, regular lessons--we've been flitting in and out for years). Anna is also in dance--a ballet/jazz combo; Jack is in karate.

4. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Aww! I love the picture!

Reagan is in a tap/ballet combo class that she loves.
    Jason is in a beginners gymnastics class that he really enjoys, but watching him sometimes gives me small heart attacks! :D

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Love the photo! Too cute!

Annabella is doing Irish dancing(so not a dance mom!). She also does soccer fall, winter, spring. So she now has practice two days a week.

Nicholas does soccer four days a week. Saturday practice, Saturday games(with dh as coach), Futsal(indoor soccer on a basketball court) on Sunday's, practice on Tuesday, and skills academy on Wednesday.

Anthony is not into athletics. I *finally* found something for him-of which he is very excited. He's doing art classes once a week until March. And then when that ends he will do science class once a week as well until May.

And somewhere, I will throw swimming into the mix.

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Aw such a sweet picture!  My girls did dance when they were 3 and then really didn't ask again until recently...not sure if I will sign them up though since its pretty pricey around here.  They do violin once a week and then in fall and spring add a sport into their schedule too (football in fall and lacrosse or baseball in spring).

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That is a sweet picture!  
    Luke and Sophia did soccer through their school in the Fall.  She also does dance (has been since she was 4) once a week for 90 minutes-it's a ballet, jazz, tap combo class.

8. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Just swimming and Boy/Girl Scouts currently. Can't really afford more, plus I'd rather they have more unscheduled time on weekends. There's no way we could do anything during the week.