Finally Walking - 19 months!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kimr, Dec 10, 2006.

1. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

Natalie has been taking a couple of steps here and there for about 3 weeks (but only with prompting), over the weekend she became an official walker and we even caught her running [​IMG]

With all that she's been through we are so proud of her and can't wait until our PT comes tomorrow to see our superstar!

Now we are hoping some of her weight burns off, she's almost 35lbs [​IMG]

2. kimr

kimr Well-Known Member

Natalie has been taking a couple of steps here and there for about 3 weeks (but only with prompting), over the weekend she became an official walker and we even caught her running [​IMG]

With all that she's been through we are so proud of her and can't wait until our PT comes tomorrow to see our superstar!

Now we are hoping some of her weight burns off, she's almost 35lbs [​IMG]

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

That's wonderful!!! Go Natalie [​IMG]

I'm sure she'll melt away now that she's going to be running circles around you [​IMG]

4. debid

debid Well-Known Member

Oh, that is SO EXCITING! Hooray for her progress! [​IMG]

5. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

hoooooooooray for walking! [​IMG]

6. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Way to go Natalie! [​IMG]

7. kaysyd

kaysyd Well-Known Member

I don't know much about what's been going on but I have to say this:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I can only imagine how excited you are! I am going to be just as excited when mine walk- they are 14 months adjusted. Working on the strength of their muscles- so I am so excited for you!!! YIPPEE!

8. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

WOOOHOOOO. How Exciting!

My little Jaydon was also 19 months when he started walking, and 2 months later he was released from the Neurodevelopmental Clinic as a "watch for CP".

9. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Hey that great! I know how you feel. Mine turned 16 mos today and Ainsley just started walking with a push toy.

10. NIS+1

NIS+1 Well-Known Member

Go Natalie!!! I know that it is such a relief!!! Sarah just started walking in October and it was such a huge weight lifted! Congratulations!!!