Finding out the sex

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by georgiamommy, Dec 5, 2012.

1. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

I have an appointment with the perinatologist next Thursday, at 15 1/2 weeks. Would it be crazy to think that we might find out the sex then? I know that typical is 18-20 weeks, but the perinatologist has much more high-tech equipment than a regular OB right? When did y'all find out the sex of your twins?

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I never saw a perinatologist with my twins, but the ultrasound tech I did go to couldn't tell for sure until my 22 week ultrasound. At 18 weeks she was pretty sure one was a boy but couldn't tell with the other. The technology has changed a lot since I had my twins, though. With my singleton I found at at 16 weeks and a few days. That early I would be worried about them being wrong but you'll have plenty of ultrasounds to double check along the way.

3. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

I didn't find out until 21 weeks.

4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I found out at 20 weeks but I know some find out earlier

5. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I found out at 20 weeks but my previous u/s had been at 12 weeks so that's no surprise. GL! :)

6. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

At 13w I was told that they *thought* baby B was a boy...said it looked a little thick between the legs. I took it with a grain of salt though. :lol: At 17w3d we found out for sure that A was a girl and B was a boy. So they were right at 13w. :) 15w is still early...they might be able to possibly see..but you can definitely find out before 20 weeks. :good:

7. With these girls I found out at 17w5d. If you find out and are okay with them being wrong and rediscovering in a couple weeks, go for it.

8. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I was told this baby was a girl at 17 weeks and a boy at 19 weeks (that has since been confirmed 2 additional times). I would be a little hesitant to buy anything after a gender guess at 15 weeks!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I found out at 16 weeks that Easton is a boy! So you might! Good luck!!!

10. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

18 weeks for us

11. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I learned I was having twins, and both were noys, at 15 weeks. They were right!

12. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think I was 17-18wks when we found out the sexes, I think 20 weeks or so is most accurate.

13. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just wouldn't tell everyone, or go buy and entire nursery, if you do find out that early ;) I found out right at 20 wks with my last 3 kids, my oldest wouldn't cooperate and I finally found out at 32 wks they "thought" he was a boy.

14. mrsgreig

mrsgreig Member

We found out Baby B was a boy at 15 weeks 4 days, but Baby A refused to show. The doctor was pretty sure they were mo-di, so we assumed that Baby A was also a boy. We confirmed at 20 weeks with the MFM that they are both boys and they are in fact mo-di twins.

With my DD, we found out by accident at 14 weeks and confirmed at 20 weeks.

15. korilyn

korilyn Active Member

I actually just had an ultrasound today... (14 1/2 weeks) and we got our early guess. It was pretty obvious to both my husband and me before the Dr even said anything. But she confirmed... 2 boys!! :)

16. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Korilyn, Congrats on the boys!!! We knew Jackson baby b was a boy at 15 weeks but baby A (adalynn, my girl) refused to show until I think week 27, it was really late ... My DH laughed and said she better keep it that way for the next 30 years, lol!

17. Kkal474

Kkal474 Member

We found out both were boys at 16w3d. The boys made it pretty obvious and they were showing off their stuff so we are pretty confident they are right but I suppose you never know

18. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The technician told us at 16 weeks that Baby A was 85% a boy and Baby B was unknown, but probably a boy. Uh, yeah, that 85%? WRONG. Baby A was a girl, which we found out for sure at the next ultrasound at 20 weeks. So anything before 18 weeks I would totally take with a grain of salt.

19. georgiamommy

georgiamommy Member

The perinatologist told us yesterday, at 15 wks 3 days, that he is sure they are both girls. :) We've already told close family, so if they decide to go buy girlie things we will keep the tags on them until my next appointment in Jan. Just to be double sure!

1 person likes this.
  20. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!