First Birthday Invitations

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christie76, Apr 6, 2009.

1. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

What did you all do for their 1st birthday invites? I'm looking for some cute sayings and I think I'll do a photo card. I can't seem to find one I like. I don't want to spend a lot of $ on them either. I'm thinking the theme might be princesses. Any ideas?

2. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I only invited people locally so we just did an Evite.com invite. It was easy and FREE! You can even add your own image, like a picture. We did a monkey theme and had a laid back bbq for food. It was a lot of fun.

3. sjohnson813

sjohnson813 Well-Known Member

We are doing a "Double Header" Baseball theme. I used snapfish and added my sayings. There wasn't much room. At the top I put a picture of the boys in their #1 baseball jerseys and baseball hats with the following at the bottom:

Cooper and Clay are turning 1,
    Come join us for some
    "Double Header" Birthday fun!

Game Day: Saturday May 23, 2009
    Game Time: 2:00PM
    Game Location: Johnson Park,
    My Address here My City, AL

Please RSVP to Clay and Cooper's mom-ager @ Phone number here or by e-mail @ e-mail address here

ETA: I just looked on snapfish and don't see any princess looking photo cards. However they do have a card with just a picture on the front and invite info inside.

4. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure yet... but I've always like feet.... and have a cute pic of their feet I'm going to include... here's some words I found online, I put two of them together... and am making my own card... I'm doing the SO BIG card, just added the other wording too.

http://funandsassydesigns.com/item_854/Fou...nouncements.htm
    http://funandsassydesigns.com/item_1832/So...Invitations.htm

Our family has grown by four feet and twenty toes...
    Davis & Jessa are turning ONE and are SO BIG!

on back of card:

come to our party, celebrate a bit
    see our first cake, we'll be wearing it!

anyway, that's the thought right now...

5. Sarah74

Sarah74 Well-Known Member

My DD is also celebrating with the twins. Her birthday is 5 days before the boys so I gave her the option to be included in the party or not. Two parties are not an option since everyone is coming from out of town. I had picture cards printed from walgreens with a picture of DD holding the babies and the wording is this:

Double the love and double the fun!
    Adam and Benjamin are turning one!
    Four big eyes and two wide grins.
    It's the first birthday party for our twins.
    Swing on over, we need you.
    Big sister Allison is turning 9, too!

Date, time and address.

6. Sarah74

Sarah74 Well-Known Member

I also want to add that I got 20 cards for $10 at Walgreens and I am pretty sure they have Princess.

7. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I made/designed my card myself!

8. sharerc

sharerc Well-Known Member