First Bra Shopping

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Oneplus2more, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

The time has come. Is it weird I feel a little nervous about it? Suggestions for favorite stores/styles? There are so many more options out there now than the boring training bras of the early '80s! lol

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I am not there yet, but I would take her to a store where you can try them on (like macys or something as opposed to walmart).  For a training bra I don't think you need to go to a bra shop, but when she gets older I'd take to her there to get properly fitted.  Good luck!  I have one little girl who is SOOO excited for the day she gets a bra (she is 8 so hopefully we've got another 2ish years).

3. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I've been buying Abby the little pull over bras...I got some at Justice (uber expensive!) some at WalMart and some at KMart (Joe Boxer)...They aren't even really "sized" (like 30 or 32 etc) but Small, medium etc...

you could also go the sports bra route...

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes, I would recommend Macy's too.  I have seen the pull over bras there that Amy is talking about (target and Walmart has them as well) but depending on what type you are looking for, if you need measuring, Macy's can do that.  Good luck! 

5. newmomma

newmomma Well-Known Member

Kohls, target, justice, jc penney, etc.

6. kinak402

kinak402 Member

the time has come?? What exactly did you mean :/

7. Fred Hassel

Fred Hassel New Member

My wife usually prefer buying from online stores.

8. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

My one daughter refuses to wear a "bra" and will only wear the tank tops with the built in shelf bra. Her twin is a bit fuller and has moved into the bras that are more like the shelf bra without the tank top. Not sure what they are called, but they are more like sports bras. I buy them in packs at Target. She loves them.

9. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I absolutely HATED the bra shopping trip I had with my mom when we got our 'first.' I am NOT looking forward to Audrey's first shopping experience. You wouldn't believe it now, but I was a late bloomer and remember not wearing a bra in 8th grade. My daughter is going into 6th and what she has heard about puberty excites her and she is looking forward to that, so perhaps the trip will just make her feel special. That said, she's totally shied away from camis with the shelf bra in them. Hates them. She is starting to develop, AND I see girls in her grade wearing bras, mostly shelf ones I think, errr.. training. So, that trip to the store is probably going to happen this summer. I am dreading it but I think I'll take her to JCPenneys. I'll be watching this thread to see any more hints.

10. BillShiphr

BillShiphr Well-Known Member

You know, bra shopping on the internet is impossible because you have to try your clothes on. However, other things are better to buy on the net. First of all, see this website and read about Gucci belt replica. Do you see how cheap the clothes are? This is an awesome offer!