First grade Thanksgiving Feast

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by 3timesblessed, Nov 2, 2012.

1. 3timesblessed

3timesblessed Well-Known Member

My daughter's first grade class is having a Thanksgiving feast at school with 1 other first grade class. It's two weeks away, and parents are supposed to bring in finger foods for this feast. I am at a loss for what to bring, and with it being combined with another class that means their is like 50-55 kids between the two classes. The note they sent home just says be creative and bring in finger foods for their little party. I don't know if I need to make 55 finger foods to bring in, i think I will ask her teacher on Monday, cause if every parent brings in that much food, that's going to be a whole lot of food. But regardless of how many I need to make, I still have no idea what to bring, any suggestions for some thanksgiving type finger food to take to school? I have searched pinterest and everything on there is all sweets, and i think they want more food/snack type things and not all sweets. The only thing i have thought of was to use small waffle cones as cornucopias and fill it with something? I don't what, and that could get expensive if I have to make 55. I need help, please!!!

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Turkey pinwheels
    Mini pumpkin pies/tarts
    Mini corn muffins
    Meatballs in cranberry sauce(?)

Stuff I was finding wasn't really geared towards kids lol! Good luck!

I think one recipe of anything would be more then plenty!

1 person likes this.
  3. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

last year my girls did pancakes for their thanksgiving feast. You had to see me microwaving/oven the mini pancakes for the one class of 23 kids.

4. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I seriously want you to plan my next party.

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When's the party?!? ;) Some say I should plan parties... Lol!

6. 3timesblessed

Thanks for the ideas, I really like the turkey pinwheels or the mini pumpkin pies would be cute too.

7. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Can you make mini pumpkin muffins?

Here is a recipe that I make sometime, with pumpkins and apples. You can make them in mini cupcake holders, that way you can get a lot for your work, just cut up the apples into smaller pieces.

8. 3timesblessed

Yeah, actually I just made some mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for halloween. I'm thinking that would be the best thing, it's easy to put together and I can get a lot of mini muffins from one recipe.

9. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

That is nice you are allowed to make homemade items. To donate to our school everything must be store bought and sealed.