First Haircut

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sdmommy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. sdmommy

sdmommy Well-Known Member

OK, so I decided to take an opinion poll about my little rooster.

My son Caleb has super long hair, about 3 inches long. It's straight and, fortunately, now goes down with the weight. When he was born, it was about 2 inches and the top part stood straight up like a rooster. But now, I'm thinking I need to cut it. His dad doesn't want me to but this kid looks like he's 4 years old. We're Hispanic so you can just imagine the head of dark hair.

So I'm looking for your opinion. Would you cut it? Joshua has some hair but it's super short like the almost 6 minth old he is and he has hairline like dad so it's kinda of receding (poor kids, I know). Anyway, he even has the hair loss on the back of the head. But Caleb, you look and that kid has more hair everyday.

2. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Yes, I would. And I already cut my twins hair 2 times. I just cut my son hair last week, but it grew back again lol. I'm thinking I will tale my girl to the salon. I did very bad job last 2 timeS lol. But I afraid she won't sit still and get hurt.

3. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

I would definitely cut it. Our boys had their first haircut around that age. They are half Hispanic and have straight, silky black hair and it grows like crazy. We have to cut their hair about once a month to keep it from getting out of control.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Go ahead and cut it:) Mine had their first buzz cuts at 10 months (and they are white with blonde hair!) and have had multiple since then:)

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nicholas apparently got the hair gene. Anthony did not, nor did Annabella really for that matter. He had his first haircut at 14 months old. But I was particular and wanted it done at a kid place, complete with a little certificate. LOL! Anthony went exactly a year later...26 months old. Annabella is now 20 months old. She needs one as well...

If you are fine with doing it-go ahead! And take pictures! :)

6. talktomei

talktomei Well-Known Member

Do it if you need to, like if the hair is getting into his eyes or just looking crazy. Don't feel bad.

My husband cut my daughter's hair when she was 3m old... and we all LOVED her hair... and I never let him hear the end of it! It just now started growing back 5m later. She did NOT need her hair cut at all. He and his family are just head-shaving crazy...

7. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I got Jack's cut around 7 months. He has insane hair. It was long and crazy--just like a series of cowlicks going in different directions all over his head. So he gets a monthly buzz cut. I honestly don't know if he will ever be able to get his hair done differently. It made him look a lot older though.

8. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Cut it. It will make your life easier.