First SCH, now Placental Lake?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Tier1Terrier, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Tier1Terrier

Tier1Terrier Active Member

So for those who've been following along in my other post, my wife had been diagnosed with an SCH which seems to have resolved itself (for now).

On her last follow up visit (around 15 weeks) she was told that she now has a 'Placental Lake'. We'd never heard of either of these things before now, but this is getting real frustrating. As best as I can tell from a little googling, there's not TOO much to worry about with placental lakes, although they can cause problems with fetal development. The majority of what I've found seems to suggest that chances are good that it will not cause any major complications though.

Anyone else been diagnosed with a 'placental lake' during pregnancy and what was your outcome?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You guys just can't get a break, can you?

I personally have never heard of it, but I hope that your babies will be okay.

3. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

That's the first I have ever heard of that before. Hang in there!! Hopefully everything will resolve itself. I had practically an easy pregnancy (if there is such a thing with twins) by the time the middle of my second tri rolled around.