First year doctor visits

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by gregje101, Mar 18, 2008.

1. gregje101

gregje101 Well-Known Member

ok i am drawing a blank to how offen and when they get shots. are ped office is so backed up and i forget they had 4 months shots and check up tomorrow and had to make the appt for april 2 but they will 5 months old. my question is when do they go for wellness check and shots? is there 5 month shots? i hate going so late. i wana make there next appt now before they are booked and like to keep it true to there age. thanks!!

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Working from memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong. (oh and since the girls were in the NICU for the first 2 weeks I don't know the timing or those early appointments).

2month- shots
    4month- shots
    6month-shots
    9month
    12month-shots

3. gregje101

that is what i though. when i asked to make an appt for 6 months i asked if they came backk at 5 months and she did not know nor was she asking <_< thanks and i am going to make their 6 month appt now and maybe they will actually be 6 months old :p !!

4. prairiemom3

prairiemom3 Well-Known Member

Our clinic was also really backed up so we didn't get their 2 month shots till they were 2 months and 3 weeks old. (Even though I called when they were a week old!) For their 4 month shots it had to be 2 months later so they were 3 weeks late again. They told us not to worry, but that it has to be 2 months later rather than catch them up to the 4 month age. Then they get 6 month ones and then 12 month. We just had our 4 month shots yesterday.

5. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(Leighann @ Mar 18 2008, 02:01 PM) [snapback]674415[/snapback]
    Working from memory so someone correct me if I'm wrong. (oh and since the girls were in the NICU for the first 2 weeks I don't know the timing or those early appointments).

2month- shots
    4month- shots
    6month-shots
    9month
    12month-shots

This was our schedule as well.

Erica

6. lindsay084

lindsay084 Well-Known Member

i used to work in a pedi office, and if they get their 4 month shots at five months old, then they cant get their 6 month shots until they are 7 months old and so on.

7. gregje101

QUOTE(prairiemom3 @ Mar 18 2008, 10:54 AM) [snapback]674520[/snapback]
    Our clinic was also really backed up so we didn't get their 2 month shots till they were 2 months and 3 weeks old. (Even though I called when they were a week old!) For their 4 month shots it had to be 2 months later so they were 3 weeks late again. They told us not to worry, but that it has to be 2 months later rather than catch them up to the 4 month age. Then they get 6 month ones and then 12 month. We just had our 4 month shots yesterday.

QUOTE(lindsay084 @ Mar 18 2008, 03:35 PM) [snapback]675164[/snapback]
    i used to work in a pedi office, and if they get their 4 month shots at five months old, then they cant get their 6 month shots until they are 7 months old and so on.

darn! i hate how its not the "right time" with my oldest all her appt where 1 day after she turn 2 months, 4 months and so on...Makes it easier to remember!!!

8. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

You can catch up. After some there is only a 4 week wait period. We were late on one set, I forget but got back on track.