Fisher Price Papasan swing vs Aquarium Swing

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by nikki_0724, Jan 9, 2009.

1. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I hate to post another swing question but I need to decide ASAP.

Which is the better of the 2.

I have read lots of good and bad about both.

2. me_and_my_boy

me_and_my_boy Well-Known Member

I can't comment on the Papasan swing, but my boys LOVED their aquarium swing. I wish we had bought 2!

Mendy

3. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

I borrowed the Papsan swing from my friend and absolutely LOVED it for Livi! It cradles them so nice and swings both directions (if we are talking about the same swing)

4. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

I have the Fisher price aquarium swing and it too goes both directions. I have not used it w/my kiddos but I have received it recomended by lot of friends some w/ twins and some with out.

5. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

I had the FP Aquarium with the twins and it was awesome. I went with the Pink Papasan this time because it is more cushion-y and offers the same features plus the lights.
    It is very girly but we have not used it yet. From what I can tell, they are very similar but with different styles.

6. chrystalvaughn

chrystalvaughn Well-Known Member

I have that swing and I also have the rainforest swing and I love both of them.

7. denzel

denzel Well-Known Member

I had the papasan and really liked it. However, if I had a choice now, I would get one that plugs in. We went through a LOT of batteries. I'm not sure if either of these now come in a plug in version.

8. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I had the papasan chair and the cheapest from Fisherprice that vibrates and is also a rocking chair (see here). My kids strongly preferred the fisher price chair because they could be vibrated and rocked at the same time. A life saver for cranky nights!! It was lighter and easier to move around the house and not as wide so it could fit in tighter spots.

Personally, I would never get the papsan chair again. Not nearly as good as the $35 fisher price chair.

As far as rockers, we had an old hand me down swing with nothing fancy adn one with lights etc. Can't remember which one. There was no real preference shown by the babies. They didn't seem phased by extra cushioning etc. We used it primarily to go to sleep though.

9. artemis

artemis Well-Known Member

This is funny, those are the two swings I have! One of each! There's a coincidence.

Papsan swing
    pros: is wider and a little more cushy, plus it's easy to put them in when they're swaddled because i doesn't have the leg separator thing.
    cons: very plain and the mobile is really boring to them. the pillow part can push their chin to their chest when they're sleeping, which is a SIDS risk and makes me nervous.

Aquarium swing
    pros: it's deeper and more colorful and interesting. They love to sit and stare/talk to the fish. The mobile hangs from plastic loops that you can easily attach rattles and toys to, to keep the mobile interesting. White noise settings (we like the ocean waves) to help them sleep.
    cons: not as cushy, lower weight limit.

Overall, I'd probably buy the aquarium swing again. I think the entertainment part ups the value quite a bit, to me.

10. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone...

I picked up a brand new Aquarium cradle swing for 30.00 today. we are very happy with it and cant wait to have a baby to put in it.