FOOD: what & how much at 9 MONTHS

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by minivanmama, May 31, 2010.

1. minivanmama

minivanmama Well-Known Member

I feel like such a slacker.

With my DS4 I took a yearlong maternity leave. I joined mommy groups and read message boards and baby books. I made my own baby food and all that other stuff.

The twins turned 9 months today. In addition to there being 2 of them and them not being my first child, I am also teaching full time.

We have a great nanny who is here during the day and I'm home by 3:30, but I feel like we are just cruising along.

They are still taking bottles and we give them baby food each day, but I can't for the life of me remember what DS was eating at this age. I want to say that by a year he was eating a lot of table foods which would mean he started with them around now-ish.

So at about 9 months old...what does/did a daily menu look like for your little ones?

2. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Here is a link from the first year handbook about baby food. At 9 months old we were just introducing finger foods like banana, avocado, toast, etc. They weren't really eating it though. I did 3 baby food meals a day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

By nine months, my kids were mostly on all table food. And they were eating three meals a day-with a snack here or there. And as for bottles, they had three(although Annabella at almost 12 months is now finally on three bottles).

4. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

i was a big fan of wholesomebabyfood.com for age-appropriate foods and menu suggestions. i highly recommend it!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine had just gone to 3 meals a day at 9 months, and were taking 3 8oz bottles as well. I still used mostly baby food, mostly for convenience, but they were eating finger foods like diced soft fruits and veggies, macaroni, scrambled eggs...etc.

6. ChaoticMum

ChaoticMum Well-Known Member

Right now my duo are just 9mths and they are eating soft mashed or finely diced foods - grilled cheese sandwich, rice, potato, cooked veggies, apples, bananas etc. I offer 3x a day with cheerio snacks during the day if I need them corraled in the kitchen for cleaning purposes! LOL