For those of you that took professional pregnancy pictures.......

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by KindredSpirits, Jan 15, 2007.

1. KindredSpirits

KindredSpirits Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

How many weeks were you when you took your pregnancy pictures?

I really want to take some professional ones and found a great photographer. My hubby will be there with me also. I will be showing off my bare belly in some pics so I want to know what's a good time to take them with twins?

I want to be big enough to make it worth the money and look really pregnant but also don't want the stretch marks to be out of control (I am keeping moisturized w/Vit. E and Palmers cream but just in case I do get them....I figure it's more likely w/twins)
    I also don't want to be so big that my belly just looks like one big fat watermelon either, lol.......

So what would you say is a good time to take them? I should book the photographer soon as wedding season is fast approaching.

TIA,

Liz

2. KindredSpirits

Hi everyone,

How many weeks were you when you took your pregnancy pictures?

I really want to take some professional ones and found a great photographer. My hubby will be there with me also. I will be showing off my bare belly in some pics so I want to know what's a good time to take them with twins?

I want to be big enough to make it worth the money and look really pregnant but also don't want the stretch marks to be out of control (I am keeping moisturized w/Vit. E and Palmers cream but just in case I do get them....I figure it's more likely w/twins)
    I also don't want to be so big that my belly just looks like one big fat watermelon either, lol.......

So what would you say is a good time to take them? I should book the photographer soon as wedding season is fast approaching.

TIA,

Liz

3. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

I had mine done at around 30 weeks. BTW most professional photographers can remove any stretch marks on your pics if you'd like. I was worried I'd have them and the photographer told me not to worry they would take them out if I'd like.

4. Mommy2PJ

Mommy2PJ Well-Known Member

I had them done at 26 weeks with DS and I just did them this past week with the twins. I already had stretch marks from DS, so they're in the picture... but they are mostly faded ones since they're almost two years old!

5. Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars

Twin-kle Twin-kle little stars Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am actually a photographer, and would suggest that you do them at any time between 24 & 30 weeks. I have actually just been doing my own every 2 weeks since 14 weeks just to see how much I expand. I also have a ton of stretch marks, but removed them. If you would like to look at my 16 weeks pictures, i posted them 2 weeks ago. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

ps....if you plan on doing newborn pics....most photographers prefer to do them within the first month of their arrival.

Juli

6. pam2baby

pam2baby Well-Known Member

I had mine taken right at 32 weeks, before those nasty stretch marks started appearing & my pre-e came on causing massive swelling. EXCELLENT!!!
    I ended having the girls exactly 4 weeks later, so the timing was great, and I love looking back and seeing how I looked with 2.
    The girls still have a couple of the pictures in their room and they love pointing to my tummy and telling me they were in there. cute...
    cheers, p

7. Bradysmom1002

Bradysmom1002 Well-Known Member

I think between 24-30 weeks my belly looked the best. Now (32 weeks) it is dropping and just isn't so cute. I am going to try to get some done in the next few weeks. I want to have my son in them with me though, he's 4.

8. mom23cuties

mom23cuties Well-Known Member

I had mine taken at 26 weeks (which is when we found out it was twins).

I had booked my photographer for the following month, but we thought it would be best to "seize the moment". Thank goodness we did, because the moment was fleeting [​IMG]

Here's the one I like best:

Good luck.

Lisa

9. KindredSpirits

Thank you so much for your input ladies. Based on the responses, I booked it for April 7th, which will put me at a day shy of 27 weeks. I am so excited!! It will be me and DH in the pics. Well, mostly me, heh heh, and DH maybe in a couple of poses.....

Lisa, that pic of you is beautiful. I hope I look that good at 27 weeks so I can take one like that also. Just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!

I hope I don't exaggerate on buying prints. The sitting fee is only $110 but oh gosh the prints are pricey!! But this photographer is the best I found, very artistic!!

Thanks again everyone,
    Liz

10. mom23cuties

I'm sure you'll look radiant!!!

11. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

I did nice shots at 28 weeks and they were great. I was measuring 34 or so.....

KC

12. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Just have to say Ditto - Lisa, that is a GORGEOUS shot! I have been looking for a photographer for WEEKS - can't find anyone I like. If anyone is in the DC metro area and has a recco, I'd much appreciate it.

13. mom23cuties

Thanks, Jordari. Good luck to you. I hope you find someone you like.

Lisa

14. Tina Ross

Tina Ross Well-Known Member

I just made a appt. this morning. For next month, I will be 30w 2 days..Which I think is a good time..The frist question I asked was, can you air bush the strecth marks and she said yes.. [​IMG] I have horrible ones..But hubby will be there with me..I cant wait..

15. KindredSpirits

Thanks ladies [​IMG]

I did ask about the airbrushing and she said YES, all the touching up and airbrushing stretch marks is included in the price!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!