For those of you whose twins sleep apart and you have traveled and put them together

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by paulacraft1, Nov 16, 2009.

1. paulacraft1

paulacraft1 Well-Known Member

So if your twins sleep in their own rooms and then you had to travel and put them together, how did it go? Did they scream? Wake each other up? Was it ok? I'm scared.....we're heading to MI For the holidays and will be at 2 different houses and the kids will have to sleep together in sep pack n plays but the same room......what should I expect? Will it be a hard transition?

2. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I will be in the same boat next year, so I am really interested to hear what people have to say. Mine sleep really well in their own rooms, but am worried about putting them together...

3. Andi German

Andi German Well-Known Member

Great questions for me too - again, no advice although we are doing this next week. The boys have always slept apart and we have always managed it when we have travelled. Next week we are off to Sri Lanka. We have different sleeping combinations we can try but the easiest is to put them together. Think we will try it for the first couple of nights and see how it goes. Will let you know!

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We've stayed at my parents house where the kids share a room and have also stayed at my BF's house where they shared a room again. Mine sleep decent but they do stay up a little later chatting and some mornings did wake each other up. For the most part though, they usually still got a good night's sleep. Good luck!

5. betha

betha Well-Known Member

Paula, I don't know. We will be doing the same for Christmas. We're visiting my MIL and bringing two pack n plays. Normally they are in separate rooms, but they will be in the same bedroom at her place. We're going to have to share the master bedroom with them. There is also a large bathroom attached. If we need to, we might separate them from each other or us (in the bathroom, which is pretty big). I think we'll have to figure it out as we go along, huh?

6. sgerini

sgerini New Member

I'm always surprised how well my girls do when sleeping in unfamiliar conditions. One of ours is not a great sleeper and so they sleep apart for now. (Hoping to get them back together at some point!) But they have usually slept fine (i.e. no worse than at home) when they've had to share a room. Good luck!

7. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

My LOs sleep together (in separate cribs) at night but have separate rooms for naps. In the summer (they were 14 months old) we all slept together in one room and we didnĀ“t have any problems. Occasionally one would wake from his/her nap early and wake the other but it was rare. GL, Im sure it will go better than you think! ;)