For those who use the Tucker/Danny Sling for reflux

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Beth*J, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

For those of you who use the Danny Sling (or Tucker Sling) to help your babies' reflux, do you swaddle as well? We have been swaddling and putting them in the sling, because that's how they were doing it in the NICU. Now that they are getting bigger though, it's getting tougher. I worry that their legs are all scrunched up in there and they can't extend their legs if they want to. On the other hand, I think they sleep much better swaddled. I don't want to quit swaddling, but we definitely aren't ready to get rid of the Danny Sling because their reflux is still really bad. Thoughts?

2. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

We didn't use the tucker sling because we tilted the mattress and they didn't move to far down the bed, but we were asked by our infant development worker if we wanted to borrow one and she did recommend swaddling (if that's what they were used to) and then putting them in the sling.

Good luck

Erica

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

We used the Tucker wedge/sling combo until my girls were five months and six months old. We swaddled their whole bodies for three months and only stopped because the girls were breaking out of the swaddle and seemed to sleep better with their arms out. We kept a blanket wrapped around their legs until we got rid of the wedges. At first their legs were scrunched up like regular swaddling, then we wrapped the blanket around their extended legs and tucked it in at the bottom of the wedge so the girls couldn't pull the blankets up over their faces. I have heard some people use sleep sacks with the slings; put the sleep sack down on the wedge (or mattress) around the sling, insert baby into sling, then zip up the sleep sack. We never tried this... so not sure how easy it would be.

Good luck with the reflux... I seriously think the wedge/sling was the best thing we did for our girls. Having them elevated helped so much.