For those whose babies sleep 12hr

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mommymauro, Aug 7, 2008.

1. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

I am curious for those who have babies that sleep 12 hr… for example, if they sleep 7-7 (my dream) when do they have their last bottle? So are they going 13hrs between the night bottle and morning bottle? I am currently giving my boys their last bottle at 6… and wait to put them to bed until 7 (secretly hoping they sleep until 7)… but last night I could have put them to bed at 6:30… they have their morning bottle anytime after 6 (if they stir before 6 they just get a pasi or a reswaddle... And my sleep deprived lady friends… they do…4am today <_< is a good example). Sometime they won’t wake until 6:30-40am.

Lastly how old were your when they slept 12 hr?

Thanks

Elizabeth

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Mine didn't do 7-7 until 8 months old, but I did bottle right before bed (so just before 7) and then their morning bottle was right at wake-up at 7am.

3. egoury

egoury Well-Known Member

With my twins, I started putting them to bed at 10 and when they were sleeping through, I gradually pushed it up until it got to 7:30. They continued to wake up around 7:30. They were probably around 6 months when they did the 12 hours. Regardless of when I put them to bed, they got their last bottle right before. We started a routine of bath, bottle, bed. With Natalie, she's going to bed around 9pm and is sleeping through the night. Sometimes she wakes up around 4 am and I nurse for five minutes and then she's back down until 8 or so. If not, she typically wakes up around 6am for the feeding. I think in time, it will just eventually stretch out and we will start putting her down earlier.

4. ld2008

ld2008 Well-Known Member

Mine sometimes actually go 13 hours. Depending on how the day goes, they might have their last bottle at 6 and go to bed shortly after. Then they may wake around 6 the next morning but usually babble for an hour until they are ready to feed around 7 or 7:30.
    Mine have been doing this for about 2 weeks.

5. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

We always feed them the bottle right before bed no matter what time they go down which is usually around 6/6:30.

6. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies, i wanted to make sure i wasn’t misinterpreting 12hr of sleep (like sttn is considered sttn when they sleep 6hr straight... I don’t think so :huh: )

QUOTE(ld2008 @ Aug 7 2008, 09:17 AM) [snapback]918535[/snapback]
    Mine sometimes actually go 13 hours. Depending on how the day goes, they might have their last bottle at 6 and go to bed shortly after. Then they may wake around 6 the next morning but usually babble for an hour until they are ready to feed around 7 or 7:30.
    Mine have been doing this for about 2 weeks.

I was thinking my boys could go 13 hours... as when i fed them this morning at 6, it was only because they were grunting, not upset... and the fact they go right back to sleep for at least an hour sometimes 2 makes me wonder... the other day they slept longer, almost until 7 and after that bottle they were awake and happy… so i think i will just try to feed them and put them to bed after, instead of dancing with them to keep them up until 7pm and maybe I just need to re swaddle them past 6am…. Wait until they seem hungry…
    Thanks again ladies…

7. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

We have our last bottle sometime between 6 & 7pm (the goal is 7, but if they are hungry earlier I feed them) and then the babies are in their cribs and asleep by 7:30ish. For about 2 months we were having to wake them up at 7am (so we could get them fed, and get to work). On the weekends however they would wake up on their own around 7:30ish. After our 4 1/2mo sleep gone to crap phase they are now back to STTN, but now one or the other (it's a tag team thing) is up between 5:45 and 7am. We typically put the early riser in a swing where they go back to sleep until everyone is up for the day at 7. We were super lucky - one was STTN at 8 weeks, the other at 9 1/2. They spoiled us early on, just to make this 4 month thing real torture.

FWIW... at 2 mo when they first started STTN we weren't putting them to bed until after a 9-10pm bottle (although they were catnapping in their bouncies on and off between 7&9). We dropped that bottle at 4 months and enjoyed the 7-7 bliss for almost 3 weeks before the sleep gone to crap phase.

8. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

Mine go 13 hours between bottles. I was worried about it at first and then I realized that they don't seem like they are starving at the morning bottle, so I think it's fine for them to go that long. I really push hard to make sure they get the calories they need during the day though. I think mine started going 12 hours at about 5.5 months.

9. ld2008

ld2008 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(beemer @ Aug 7 2008, 09:48 AM) [snapback]918610[/snapback]
    We have our last bottle sometime between 6 & 7pm (the goal is 7, but if they are hungry earlier I feed them) and then the babies are in their cribs and asleep by 7:30ish. For about 2 months we were having to wake them up at 7am (so we could get them fed, and get to work). On the weekends however they would wake up on their own around 7:30ish. After our 4 1/2mo sleep gone to crap phase they are now back to STTN, but now one or the other (it's a tag team thing) is up between 5:45 and 7am. We typically put the early riser in a swing where they go back to sleep until everyone is up for the day at 7. We were super lucky - one was STTN at 8 weeks, the other at 9 1/2. They spoiled us early on, just to make this 4 month thing real torture.

FWIW... at 2 mo when they first started STTN we weren't putting them to bed until after a 9-10pm bottle (although they were catnapping in their bouncies on and off between 7&9). We dropped that bottle at 4 months and enjoyed the 7-7 bliss for almost 3 weeks before the sleep gone to crap phase.

What is that about...The "Sleep gone to crap phase" One of mine started that the last 2 nights. Up every three or so hours just screaming for about 15 minutes!!!! I thought it was leftover from going out of town this weekend and shots on Monday. Though I thought it was odd because they did fine in the hotel and the night after shots. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose gone through taking steps backwards!!!!

10. jschiess

jschiess Well-Known Member

We give them their last bottle pretty much right before bed (they have about 20 minutes of vertical time after they finish due to reflux; but part of that time is spent reading bedtime stories and cuddling--part of our bedtime ritual). They go about 12 1/2 between. Ours sleep 12 to 13 left to their own devices. I do have to get them up sometimes during the week if they sleep more than 12 b/c of work schedules/daycare (which I always feel awful about--though they are totally smiley in the morning no matter what--bless their cheerful little hearts). They've been doing this consistently since they were about 4 months old (so a month)--but they were good 10 1/2 to 11 hour sleepers since about 14 weeks, which was when we dropped the late evening bottle/dreamfeed.

11. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

I am one of those BLESSED and LUCKY Mommy's. Mine have done 13 hours since they were 14 weeks adjusted (19 actual). I have no idea how I got sooo lucky but believe me, I am thanking God every day.

First of all, I never did ANY sleep training or anything like that.. Never CIO or anything, no dreamfeeds.. nothing really. THey started to pass out BY 6 pm when they were very little and I went with it. They quit waking for ONE feeding at 14 weeks, Gabe stopped at 10 weeks.

They have their final bottle (8 oz ALWAYS) at 5:30pm and sleep until 7:00 am and to be honest, they are not dying for a bottle in the morning either. So.. it's no rush like it was when they were really little.

Not sure if that helps but I figure you probably want to feed them right there AT bedtime or else you're just "burning time". Does that make sense?? I'd put them right down after they eat and go to bed myself LOL!!

12. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine started sleeping 7:30-7:30 at 6.5 months. Their last bottle was about 7:20pm.

13. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine have their last bottle at 5:30 pm and then go to sleep about 6 pm and when they wake up at 5:30 am they have solids right away and then a bottle about an hour later. Mine rarely take the entire first bottle but if I give them bananas for breakfast they'll eat 2 containers!

14. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ld2008 @ Aug 7 2008, 11:01 AM) [snapback]918637[/snapback]
    What is that about...The "Sleep gone to crap phase" One of mine started that the last 2 nights. Up every three or so hours just screaming for about 15 minutes!!!! I thought it was leftover from going out of town this weekend and shots on Monday. Though I thought it was odd because they did fine in the hotel and the night after shots. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose gone through taking steps backwards!!!!

The 4 month sleep regression...we are getting to know it all too well around here!

15. spiveyplustwins

spiveyplustwins Well-Known Member

Mine started sleeping 10-12 hours around 2 1/2 - 3 months. We really hit the consistant 12-13 hours about 2 weeks ago. I feed them at 8-8:30 and then put them right to bed and they sleep until 8 - 8:30 in the morning. It is so nice!

16. Anne2571

Anne2571 Well-Known Member

We usually do our last bottle around 6:30 pm with a bedtime of 7:00 pm. My "good" sleeper doesn't eat again until her next bottle usually around 7:30 AM. My other baby still wakes 1-2 times a night for a bottle but we're about to cut her off. :)

ETA: Forgot to mention that Emery started sleeping through 12-13 hours when she was 4 months ... it was like magic, we didn't even do anything!

17. caryanne07

caryanne07 Well-Known Member

Ben goes 12 hours at night now. He's been doing that for about a month...so since he was 7 months adjusted. He gets his last bottle at 5pm and then goes to bed at 6pm. He sleeps til 6 or 6:30...so sometimes goes up to 14 hours between bottles depending on what's going on with his brother that morning, etc.

18. jiocco

jiocco New Member

I am so jealous! my boys are 3 months and their stomachs are atomic clocks that go off almost exactly every 4 hours around the clock! For those that are sleeping longer, how much and how often are you feeding them during the day? Thanks!!
    Jenn

19. ld2008

ld2008 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(j&m @ Aug 7 2008, 03:23 PM) [snapback]919284[/snapback]
    I am so jealous! my boys are 3 months and their stomachs are atomic clocks that go off almost exactly every 4 hours around the clock! For those that are sleeping longer, how much and how often are you feeding them during the day? Thanks!!
    Jenn

Mine eat every 3 hours from 7am to 7pm. 5-7 ounces.

20. LaMere

LaMere Member

You people make me want to screeeeaaaam!!!!!

Just kidding.

Kind of.

Hhahahahahaha!

Seriously, though. I havent slept an entire night in 8 months. Im soooooooooo incredibly jealous and yes maybe a little bitter, but trying to keep my sense of humor!

21. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Mine did 7-7 with a dreamfeed between 9pm and 11pm early on (3.5 months). So, not 12 hours straight. However, not getting our sleep interrupted was awesome! We were really struggling before then. We had no help!

22. jenanne

jenanne Well-Known Member

Mine started sleeping 6:30-6:30 at around 4 1/2 months, with a 9:30 dreamfeed. I'm not sure they need the dreamfeed, may drop it and see (hate to mess with a good thing, you know?). I feed them right around 6:10, we sing a song, and put them in bed.

23. nickys88

nickys88 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(DeniseT @ Aug 8 2008, 04:10 AM) [snapback]919030[/snapback]
    The 4 month sleep regression...we are getting to know it all too well around here!

My god - we won't be regressing because they are nearly 4 months and I am still up to them twice a night.... Count your lucky stars if you are regressing b/c you have had a time of good sleeping patterns... I can only dream.... ;) bring on STTN.... at least only having to get up 1 would be great.... haaaa haaaa

24. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I honestly cannot recall when mine started sleeping 12 hours, I think it was about 3 months when they went from 8 hours to 12. We always give them their last bottle right before bed (around 7:15, bedtime is 7:30).

25. *Sully*

*Sully* Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Aug 7 2008, 10:15 AM) [snapback]918529[/snapback]
    Mine didn't do 7-7 until 8 months old, but I did bottle right before bed (so just before 7) and then their morning bottle was right at wake-up at 7am.

This! It has it's occasional disruptions, but it's been somewhat consistent. We stopped the dreamfeed around 8 months.

26. beemer

beemer Well-Known Member

QUOTE(j&m @ Aug 7 2008, 03:23 PM) [snapback]919284[/snapback]
    Jenn

Around 3 months we were still feeding them every 3 -3 1/2 hours during the day somewhere between 4-5 oz. Alot of that depends on weight of the baby though. Mine were 12-13lbs then.

We stretched to 4 hrs between feedings around 4mo. when we hit about 6oz per bottle. Now they are still going 4 hrs between bottles, but are taking what works out to 8oz average per feeding (morning is only 6 - they aren't big breakfast kids, but nighttime is 10 and I seriously have to cut them off at 10 sometimes.)

27. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(j&m @ Aug 7 2008, 04:23 PM) [snapback]919284[/snapback]
    Jenn

Aubrie sleeps 12-13 hours at night... 6oz bottle at 6pm and then to bed by 6:30pm and up around 6:45am for another 6oz. She has a total of 4 bottles a day (every 4 hours) of between 4-6oz. She is currenlty about 14 pounds
    Lexi only sleeps about 9 hours and then has a bottle somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:30am... then up with sister at 6:45am. She also takes 4 bottles during the day (plus the one at night) and they are each about 4oz. I can't get her to eat any more than that at a feeding....

ps: Aubrie has only been going 12-13 for about a week and a half (basically once she found her thumb!)