for those with boy/girl twins

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ~ilyse~, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

When you sign a card or something for them, do you put them in age order or the girl's name first always? I always put them in age order, which is ds first. Dh says that is wrong, the girl's name goes first. I have to write their birthday thank you cards so I figured I'd better check and make sure I do it right. Thanks.

2. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow I never even thought about it, I always put my kids in age order even the twins...My ds is older too.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

DS is older so his name goes first. I go age first! When this new baby arrives, s/he will be last no matter the gender.

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have always done mine in age order and that happens to be Emilie. But I always sign our cards Caroline, Emilie and Trevor, but age wise that is how they go. And that is how I say their names too. I've never heard that the girl comes first.

5. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Age-wise here,just so happens, the girl is the oldest.

6. 2scoops

2scoops Well-Known Member

I do it by age even though he is 1min older :) Plus it just sounds better to me.

7. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

age here too.. but i have a son older than my dd/ds so its e then le and lo.. boy girl boy..

m

8. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Age ... Sofie, Maxine & Felix ... and coincidently it could also be size wise ... Felix was the "smallest".

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

By age here too! B)

10. KimberlyF

KimberlyF Well-Known Member

These are my only 2 and I go back and forth. Sometimes Natalie's first, sometimes Eli. My sister has three children and I always put them in age order, though.

11. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

I always do it by age, which means DS first.

12. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

I've never thought about it before! I sign everthing Ben and Sarah which is age order, but I never did it like that for any particular reason!

13. Schoebdoo

Schoebdoo Well-Known Member

Ours happen to be age and alphabetically - Alex and Allie - ours were only 1 min apart too.

14. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(carmenandwhitsmom @ Nov 13 2007, 03:11 PM) [snapback]494107[/snapback]
    Age-wise here,just so happens, the girl is the oldest.

Same here. Ladies First. It is alphabetical also.

PS. I always sign my name before my husband. (Julie, Richard, Katherine & Michael).

15. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Stacy @ Nov 13 2007, 12:59 PM) [snapback]494202[/snapback]
    I've never thought about it before! I sign everthing Ben and Sarah which is age order, but I never did it like that for any particular reason!

Well, I sign it Ben and Hannah, but for the same reason as Stacy.

16. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

Our DD is always first, but she is older. If she were younger, I probably would list them in order of age (oldest first).

17. Rose524

Rose524 Well-Known Member

I never thought about putting girl first!
    These are my only two, so I go back and forth. When signing all of our names, I always put my husband's first, then mine, then the kids.

18. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Boy first he was Baby A
    Girl second she was Baby B

19. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

I sign it Andrew and then Zoe which is age an alphabetical.
    Also if I am signing a card for all of us it is:
    Dave, Kim
    Drew & Zoe
    or sometimes just:
    Dave, Kim
    and the Beans

20. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

I do it by age order (Katelyn and Blake). I have never heard of the thought that the girls name should go first?

21. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I put them in age order which puts my son first. I love your new birthday avatar!

22. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I try to remember to rotate them...

23. lovafox

lovafox Well-Known Member

I rotate with every card. Silly, but why should K always be last?

24. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

I put my dd name first, but then i always put my name first on cards too as i write them.

It goes love from Louise, John, Sophie and Jack. Hey i say if i write the card my name goes first!!

25. SharonH

SharonH Well-Known Member

I do it age order as well. It just seems to roll off the tongue (or pen) better with the 3 of them - maybe it's the repetive C.

26. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twoin2005 @ Nov 13 2007, 04:58 PM) [snapback]494291[/snapback]
    Well, I sign it Ben and Hannah, but for the same reason as Stacy.

A sidenote...I CAN'T BELIEVE how similar our twinkies names are!! You know what they say about great minds :p

27. blessedby2

blessedby2 Well-Known Member

I have been doing it with my DS first too since he was born first, and my niece (whose mother, my SIL, is very into doing things polically correct) called me out on it and told me that she heard my DD's name should be first. I haven't read all of the responses yet, but I'm interested in hearing what everyone else says. Maybe I'm wrong and should change.

28. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I usually do Ali and Martin, but I try to switch it up too.... She's 1 min. older, but I figure she'll be holding that over his head for a while to come!

29. mom_stacyX2

mom_stacyX2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Rose524 @ Nov 13 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]494312[/snapback]
    I never thought about putting girl first!
    These are my only two, so I go back and forth. When signing all of our names, I always put my husband's first, then mine, then the kids.

Me, too!

30. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

i do everything age order...don't know why...just do...my girl is older.

31. Moms2NTwins

Moms2NTwins Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]I have always since day 1 gone oldest to youngest with my 4. Katie is always last since she is technically my youngest :D [/SIZE]

32. nicolepag

nicolepag Well-Known Member

I put "Analia and Tony/Antonio". Analia was born first. If she wasn't, I would say that I would probably put Tony's name first :)

33. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Age order which makes DS first.

34. ~Laura M~

~Laura M~ Well-Known Member

I have not read the responses but we sign their names in age order.