~~~Forum Of The Week~~~

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinLove, Aug 3, 2008.

1. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

[SIZE=18pt]Twinstuff Buddy Clubs[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Every week we will be showcasing a different forum that is part of Twinstuff. We want our expecting moms to know all the different places there are at this site and be comfortable going to them. This week we'll be showcasing the Twinstuff Buddy Clubs. Once the dust settles after having your babies, you can find the age appropriate buddy club. This is a great way to get to know other moms that have twins the same age as your own. Here is the description of what a buddy club on TS is all about:

What is a Twinstuff Buddy Club?
    A TS Buddy Club is a place for parents to convene and chat about our day. Feel free to add your plans, your triumphs, your defeats, the good, the bad, and the ugly! It is a way for us to share even the smallest of details in our busy lives as parents!

What is the difference between a Buddy Club and my twin's age group forum?
    We will have a running thread each day for everyone to respond to. We would like for the specific questions that you have about your twins or singletons to be posted in the regular forums to avoid duplicate postings. You can add anything that is going on in your daily life, and it doesn't necessarily have to be twin related.

Who is invited to a Buddy Club?
    Everyone! Find your age group and join in!

What if I don't see my age group?
    If you don't see your age group and you would like to form a Buddy Club, please PM the site administrator, Craig (Twinstuff) or a moderator in your forum.

Please feel free to respond back to this thread with your questions or something you learned from visiting this forum. We'll be having members from buddy clubs stop by and tell us more about it.
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Click here to view buddy clubs and see what they are all about! :Clap:
    [/SIZE]

2. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

I love my buddy club because we can chit chat about our everyday stuff. It's nice to get to know others with twins your age. They really do become your buddies. For me, it's just one more way to feel supported on TS as a twin mom :) .

3. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Another fellow 'pumpkin' buddy club member here!! :good:

I agree with Pamela ~ I really enjoy corresponding with all the ladies in my BC every day about our general day-to-day going on's. It is alot of fun to 'talk' to other moms with little ones the same age.

I didn't find my Buddy Club until my girls were a few months old, but really wished I would have known about them sooner! This is a great way to introduce the Buddy Clubs to you all of you expecting moms! :)

4. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Summer 2006 Ladybug here! :wavey:

Our buddy club just celebrated its one year anniversary! I can honestly say that it has brought me closer to my friends on TS, those that I went through pregnancy with on Expecting and those crazy first months in First Year Forum. We have shared a lot since the summer of '06 and I don't know what I would do without my bfs, the Bugs. :wub:

Check them out when you get a chance!

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm also in the pumpkin club! It is really nice to talk about the day-to-day activities that go on with other moms who have twins that are about the same age as mine. I really enjoy the buddy club!

6. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

Another Ladybug here - and I second what Sarah said. And everyone else. It is really nice to have the main forums to get questions answered, but also to have the Buddy Clubs to get to know people so much better. The combination is wonderful! Our BC has a great support group going, and we actually get worried about each other when someone doesn't check for a few days. I am very lucky to have found my buddy club and all the awesome women that are part of it. I hope you get to have the same experience!

7. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I guess I'll be the first Snowflake to chime in. I love my buddy club friends. We had out first annual girls weekend this past May and it was way too much fun! I've become friends with these ladies over the past 4 yrs and it is great to have a place to chat. Our 1-yr buddy club anniversary is coming up this month.

On a side note, once you have your kids, if you don't see a buddy club setup for your age group feel free to send me a PM.

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Another ladybug BC'er here. :D I love my BC. I love being able to come on every day and chatting with these ladies. It is so much fun. We have shared so many joys and sorrows in our group. They are a great support system. I truly value their friendship. I have even met quite a few of them IRL. :)

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I LOVE my buddy club because I can ask questions to other moms who have kiddos exactly the same ages as mine!!! and we can compare notes on what these guys are doing!!!

10. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(aimeethomp @ Aug 3 2008, 08:07 PM) [snapback]911568[/snapback]
    I'm also in the pumpkin club! It is really nice to talk about the day-to-day activities that go on with other moms who have twins that are about the same age as mine. I really enjoy the buddy club!

QUOTE(Heathermomof5 @ Aug 4 2008, 09:39 PM) [snapback]913638[/snapback]
    I LOVE my buddy club because I can ask questions to other moms who have kiddos exactly the same ages as mine!!! and we can compare notes on what these guys are doing!!!

What they said!
    My buddy club is a not as active as the buddy clubs, but it is great to talk, well maybe vent to people who have been going through the same stuff at around the same time.
    I just did a playdate with some one in my buddy club. It was so fun.

11. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to say hi to all the expecting moms! I ditto what everyone else said above. :wub:

We do keep our questions about child-rearing out in the regular forums like the First Year and 1-4, but it's nice to have the day to day support when you are just sooo in love with them or sooo annoyed with them. :D