**Forum Spotlight** - Come Learn About ...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinstuff-old, Oct 20, 2006.

1. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

We're going to periodically promote other less-known forums here in the Twinstuff community as we want members here to know that Twinstuff is a lot more than the important support forums which tend to be age-specific or for those pregnant moms-to-be.

We know that parents need to enjoy their lives outside of their children so over the years we've developed many different forums which gather together members around a common interest.

This sticky thread will highlight some of those forums and let a mod in that forum answer any questions you may have about what goes on in that forum. Remember, you can always click the yellow file folder icon in the breadcrumbs (text navigation links) at the top of these pages to see a complete list of the many forums this board contains.

Our first highlight is the Twinstuff Gaming League forum - a new name for a forum which has been conducting free fantasy and online games for our members for several years.

In the TGL forum, we occasionally introduce, promote and conduct different games that usually take several months to complete. In the past we've done our Twinstuff Search Roadrace (usually once a year over the summer) where we send our teams around the globe on an Internet search to answer clues and find a specific location. We've also done Twinstuff Idol, I Know My Stuff, a fantasy football game and more.

Currently, we're running two ongoing games, a daily Twinstuff trivia challenge which tracks how well you do in trivia quizzes against other Twinstuff members, and our Twinstuff Gaming League, a monthly challenge for Twinstuff members to compete in various online games such as card games, word games or puzzle games. Our November challenge in the TGL will be Bowling and it's free to register and compete so we'd love to have you join us.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the Twinstuff Gaming League forum. We'd love to have you join us in there.

2. twinstuff-old

We're going to periodically promote other less-known forums here in the Twinstuff community as we want members here to know that Twinstuff is a lot more than the important support forums which tend to be age-specific or for those pregnant moms-to-be.

We know that parents need to enjoy their lives outside of their children so over the years we've developed many different forums which gather together members around a common interest.

This sticky thread will highlight some of those forums and let a mod in that forum answer any questions you may have about what goes on in that forum. Remember, you can always click the yellow file folder icon in the breadcrumbs (text navigation links) at the top of these pages to see a complete list of the many forums this board contains.

Our first highlight is the Twinstuff Gaming League forum - a new name for a forum which has been conducting free fantasy and online games for our members for several years.

In the TGL forum, we occasionally introduce, promote and conduct different games that usually take several months to complete. In the past we've done our Twinstuff Search Roadrace (usually once a year over the summer) where we send our teams around the globe on an Internet search to answer clues and find a specific location. We've also done Twinstuff Idol, I Know My Stuff, a fantasy football game and more.

Currently, we're running two ongoing games, a daily Twinstuff trivia challenge which tracks how well you do in trivia quizzes against other Twinstuff members, and our Twinstuff Gaming League, a monthly challenge for Twinstuff members to compete in various online games such as card games, word games or puzzle games. Our November challenge in the TGL will be Bowling and it's free to register and compete so we'd love to have you join us.

Please let me know if you have any questions on the Twinstuff Gaming League forum. We'd love to have you join us in there.

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

The gaming league has been a lot of fun!!!! I recommend checking it out!!! [​IMG]

4. ~Laura M~

~Laura M~ Well-Known Member

Wahoo Trivia Buffs... Check out the TS Trivia Link ... wahoo.

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I love the new trivia link!!

6. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I played the trivia today, it was pretty fun! [​IMG]

7. twinstuff-old

Last week we highlighted our gaming forum and this week I was hoping to let folks know about another fun forum, the Twinstuff Book Club.

http://forums.twinstore.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/249607632

Each month the Twinstuff Book Club chooses a new book to discuss as a group, gives some time for everyone to read it and then opens up conversations on the book. It's also a great place to discuss the latest books you've read or ask for suggestions.

Come join the fun at http://forums.twinstore.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/249607632

8. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

HI, I'm one of the moderators in there!

I just started a thread looking for suggestions for our November/December book club suggestion. The genre is Christmas Themed. If you have a suggestion come on in!

Its not just the book club read, we talk about all sorts of books, from biography and history to chick lit and romance. Everyone is welcome!

9. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I'm actually afraid, being of a very addictive personality...but...okay...here goes...

10. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion. It seems like the Twinstuff "Parents Club" page is very active. Since that page gets the most hits, why not put permanent links to the other forums somewhere on that page. More "user friendly".

I really think people get used to checking 1 or 2 pages and don't think to check further into other forums. It might help generate more dicussions in the other forums.

One other thing. Why not leave a topic (i.e. Tv or movie) related on Parents club even if similar to a topic already started in another forum. It's not in the same forum. You may get one or two posts discussing the topic in the TV forum. Whereas you might get 30+ posting/discussions on the same exact topic on Parents Club. Why not get more people involved in the conversation? KWIM.