Fourth of July/Fireworks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by missmomoftwins02, Jul 5, 2008.

1. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

Well this is my first summer pregnancy, so I have never had this happen before.

As I was at my friend's house last night watching the fireworks, I noticed that after the REALLY big and REALLY loud fireworks, Megan would go CRAZY!! She was moving alot and kicking alot. During the not no loud ones, she didn't move much. DH says it has to do with the pressure. I thought maybe it was just the noise. It was really cool but kinda wierd to feel her moving so much...and only at certain times!

So did anyone else notice this last night (or any other time you have been preggo at fireworks time)?

2. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

That's cool! I can see where that would happen. Morgan kept telling me she could feel the fireworks in her belly...lol! I guess that loud rumbling can do that to you! Apparently Megan was just excited about her first fireworks!

I've never been pregnant during the 4th.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I was pregnant with the twins during the 4th, but probably didn't have the energy to stay up late. I actually worked that day and the next day (4am) so I was in bed sleeping. Thanks for the flashback! :)
    That is interesting. I would have thought the loud one would have brought on the movement!

4. missymack2003

missymack2003 Well-Known Member

When I was 30-some odd weeks with my girls, my hubby and I went to see Transformers in the movie theatre (not my choice, but you gotta give in sometimes right?). Anyhoo, that movie is SUPER loud and the during the loud parts, the girls would kick and move around like crazy. I had never experienced it like that before so I'm pretty sure it was because of the noise. DH says it was because they liked the movie, yeah...right. I felt kind of bad for them so I kept my hands wrapped around my belly to keep some of the noise out.

5. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

I'm still fairly early in the "feeling movement" game but I noticed during the really loud ones I could feel a lot more definite movement than I've felt up to this point. It was kind of nice because she doesn't move a whole lot just yet.

6. 2rosebuds

2rosebuds Well-Known Member

I thought I would feel Mary more than I did while watching fireworks. I felt her a lot later when I was eating ice cream....that always gets her going. :D

7. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I havent ever been pregnant during the 4th either but I did go to the movies around 15-18 weeks with Irelynd and Shae. DH and I went and saw the movie with Eminem in it, it got pretty loud when they would sing and all of a sudden I felt little flutters. It was so AWSOME I barely paid attention to the movie after that. When pregnant with Mikiah loud noises made her jump!

8. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2rosebuds @ Jul 7 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]863495[/snapback]
    I felt her a lot later when I was eating ice cream....that always gets her going. :D

Uh oh!! That might just mean that she is going to have a huge sweet tooth!! Beware! :D