Freaking out about announcing the pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by babyhopes09, Jan 26, 2011.

1. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

I'm almost 12 weeks and we have been more quiet about this pregnancy than we have ever been about a pregnancy... we have our next appointment on Tuesday and only 3 people (friends only) know. I am worried about the reaction we will get from our families because our twins are 9 months old. We depend on my mom for 1.5 day/week to take care of our little ones.. I'm guessing she'll freak out when she finds out we are adding another little one to our family, so we already have it in our minds to start looking for alternative childcare once baby comes- though we are at a loss if we will be able to afford it. We are extremely frugal right now bc my DH has a commission-based job and we just never know what the next month will bring.. obviously we had a HUGE jump in monthly expenses when the babies arrived last April, so I think we must appear to our families like we are very tight financially.... but as my DH says... we have never asked anyone for anything, so it's none of their business. Everything has also been so overwhelming.. just keeping the house clean is a major feat... so I just wonder if our families will think we are in over our heads.... On the other hand.... we tried so very hard to get pg with our girls and this surprise pregnancy is nothing but a blessing from above, in my opinion... no matter how daunting it may feel some days. What were your experiences telling everyone about the new pregnancy- especially those of you who had them close together? Thanks for listening!!!! :)

2. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

It is none of their business how close your kids are. We just announced to family that #6 Is on the way we got mixed reactions happiness, worry, sarcasm and there are a couple that I have not told and I will let them find out through the grapevine. We don't tell anyone IRL that we do IVF either, because it is simply none of their business. Tell your mom with your head held high, you may get some worried talk, take that as she cares but don't give her or anyone else a chance to be upset you do not need that. First thing you tell her is that you are very happy. Be matter of a fact and don't stress. That baby is coming, there is not anything they can do but leave you alone OR be happy.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

3. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Your DH is right...your financial position is no one's business. I will say a lot of people thought we were nuts but no one ever said anything "down" on us..we only heard positive. Hannah was planned and I think no one could understand why we would want to get pregnant again so quickly but its our lives and not theirs.

Good luck! I think telling family/friends you are pregnant is one of the best parts of being pregnant:)

4. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your great advice, Ladies! Everything feels so overwhelming right now.. maybe once we get everything out in the open I won't feel so bogged down with this feeling!!!

5. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

I agree it is none of thier business. Hope fully they will be happy. I also wouldn't try to justify anything when telling but just be positive.

6. TennesseeMomma

TennesseeMomma Well-Known Member

When I told my mom I was pregnant with #3 she just said, wow, you'll be busy! And I responded, well, I already am busy, so why not add another one!?

We got a few comments here and there, but mostly our family was very supportive (my husband is the baby of 7!)

Like the other PPs said, it is really none of their business!

Because we were excited to tell people, their reactions were excited too. And I am happy that our LOs will be close in age so that they will all be good friends!

Oh - and I have a friend who just had her fifth - and when people tell her she has her hands full - she responds with - If you think my hands are full you should see my heart!!