Free photo editing class

Discussion in 'General' started by shandy, Jun 23, 2009.

1. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

Jessica Sprague is hosting a FREE photo editing class - check it out here and sign up if you'd like!
    Free Photo Editing Class

2. KG72

KG72 Member

Good link, Shandy. Looks like that would really help someone just starting out with digital editing :)

3. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link Shandy!

I just registered....hopefully I can learn something, this way I wont have to drive Kayne crazy with tons and tons of questions :p

4. KG72

KG72 Member

QUOTE(~butterflytwins~ @ Jun 23 2009, 01:40 PM) [snapback]1365628[/snapback]

I just registered....hopefully I can learn something, this way I wont have to drive Kayne crazy with tons and tons of questions :p

You.... drive me crazy? That never happens... :crazy:

5. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~butterflytwins~ @ Jun 23 2009, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1365628[/snapback]

I hope it's worth your time and then you can surprise Kayne with all your newfound knowledge! :D

6. butterfly02

It would be nice to be able to show Kayne something new :)

7. KG72

KG72 Member

New to you, maybe ;)

8. butterfly02

QUOTE(~butterflytwins~DH @ Jun 26 2009, 07:17 PM) [snapback]1370500[/snapback]
    New to you, maybe ;)

:p

9. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

I am signed up too. I never play around in the forums at her site but I will play along with the class.

10. Side by Side

Side by Side Well-Known Member

I signed up too :)

11. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Did any one do the first lesson yet? I didn't get a chance to look at it yet. Hopefully my girls will go to sleep early today so I can look.

12. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

I did. Its pretty simple stuff. Like how to crop, use an overlay border and add a wordart to a pic. I will share mine later. Its am excellent class for people just getting started in digi and are getting comfy with photoshop.

13. Side by Side

I'm headed over to read the first lesson right now :)

14. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

http://misspotsandpans.blogspot.com/2009/07/few-pictures.html

i added my pics from the first day to my blog. they are small blogger is annoying me.

15. ljcrochet

I wish they had written tutorirals instead of a video. I'm usually doing a zillion things at once and with a video I have to give it my undivided attention. I still ahve not looked at day 1's video.

16. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

It's not so bad. The videos are less than 10 mins long. So the whole assignment won't take more than about 20 mins (I choose when my girls are watching TV). I already have a picture in mind I plan to work with. I download the kit and extract it so that is ready. I open PSE6 first, so that is ready. I pause the video at each step and do whatever it said to do, and then flip back to the video. It's not as time-consuming as I had feared.

17. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

Yup not that bad. Share ur pics when your done please.

18. rubyturquoise

Okey dokey. I just used some pictures I already had. The ones from assignment three the girls chose their own tinting colors, hence the purple eyes and the shooting stars.

Sprague 1

In this one she had just knocked her other top tooth out by hitting herself in the face pushing the empty swing.
    Sprague 2

She is not a redhead in real life.
    Sprague 3a

Sprague 3b

1 person likes this.
  19. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

very pretty! what great posers you have!

20. ljcrochet

I did not see a pause button. :( hard to do at the same time when you can't pause it.

21. rubyturquoise

It's at the extreme bottom left corner, on the very edge. It really blends in.

1 person likes this.
  22. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

scroll down a bit Lisa its hiding.

1 person likes this.
  23. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

gorgeous pics! I was a PS queen in my days :ibiggrin: back when i did graphic design and websites but now we have linux and gimp is the only CRAP editing software i have and if ANYONE knows how gimp works without ripping your hair out i would love to know :grr: its very hard to go from PS,Flash, all the great adobe software to that.

24. rubyturquoise

This is actually really different for me. I do post-processing, but generally don't do frames or stamps or any of that. It's good to stretch my brain. :D

1 person likes this.
  25. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

I am so glad u are enjoying it. I will share more pics soon. I can be lazy about uploading.

26. ljcrochet

Thanks. I really think the first video didn't have it. But I did see it on the second one. I need to find headphones, since DH was giving me funny looks as I was trying to do the brush video. I don't like video tutorials. I would much rather read the info.

27. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Okay Lisa pointed me your way. 2 years ago I made a scrapbooking tutorial for GIMP. I am sure the program has changed a bit, but you are welcome to snag it and see if it helps you understand how to use it. The tut is really the only thing I did with GIMP so I can't really answer specific questions. Anyways here's the tutorial

28. rubyturquoise

Here are days 4 and 5 combined. At the end, when I decided to make a collage, I realized that a person intent on making a collage should choose a background first and then when she makes a new document, should set the document color to match the background so that her clipping mask won't leave weird white edges against a colored background.

However, I was not keen to go back and completely redo all that, plus it was time to make dinner.

Sprague 4&5

1 person likes this.
  29. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

looks like you just made your first digi pages and the white edges totally look like they belong. :lol:

30. ljcrochet

Looks great! Lori is right, it looks like a scrapbooking page.

31. rubyturquoise

For some reason I thought there wouldn't be a weekend thing.

This is desaturated a bit, but primarily I changed the color from a vibrant pink and spring green to the peach and dark green. Then I used a regular stamp from the "special effects brushes" that came with PSE6 because it suited the subject matter better.

I hope I saved this small enough to upload here directly.

eta: forgot to actually attach the file :blush:

32. ljcrochet

That looks great! I love the butterfly brush.

I finally dug out headphones and watched the second 2 videos. Here is my project 2.
    [​IMG]

It is in my TS gallery so it is okay to be embedded.

33. rubyturquoise

Here's my text one. There's a texture and a TTV frame, too, just for fun, although that might not show up at this size.

34. Side by Side

I actually got the first 4 lessons completed today! lol

I have them posted on my blog here: http://2winsmom.blogspot.com/2009/07/online-photo-editing-class.html

35. rubyturquoise

I did the assignment today, but I didn't like the picture I practiced on enough to upload it to Flickr. However, here is another picture I had previous done with a vignette.

last day of school This is a neighbor of ours.