Friday is the day.. . ...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Overachiever, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

. . . .probably.
    We had our growth study/doppler scan today. We've been stable the last four weeks. Today the s/d ratio numbers which indicate cord blood flow were up from the 4's to the high 5's. The fluid around both babies was on the low side, and both babies' weight has tapered off. In fact, Baby B was only 2p10oz - that's 5th percentile at 32 weeks. Baby A was 3p8oz which is only 22%tile, but at least it's over the 3p5oz which is the cut-off between low birth weight and Very Low birth weight. Our NST went great however!
    Bottom line, I go back to the peri on Friday, and we'll more than likely be going in for a section later in the afternoon. My OB said today he was thinking we should go ahead and do it today or tomorrow, but he deferred to the peri to wait a few more days.
    SO if you don't hear from me Friday afternoon, you'll know where I am! I'm so scared for my poor babies; they're so tiny! But it's better than the alternative, which continues to be Stillbirth - yikes!

2. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

. . . .probably.
    We had our growth study/doppler scan today. We've been stable the last four weeks. Today the s/d ratio numbers which indicate cord blood flow were up from the 4's to the high 5's. The fluid around both babies was on the low side, and both babies' weight has tapered off. In fact, Baby B was only 2p10oz - that's 5th percentile at 32 weeks. Baby A was 3p8oz which is only 22%tile, but at least it's over the 3p5oz which is the cut-off between low birth weight and Very Low birth weight. Our NST went great however!
    Bottom line, I go back to the peri on Friday, and we'll more than likely be going in for a section later in the afternoon. My OB said today he was thinking we should go ahead and do it today or tomorrow, but he deferred to the peri to wait a few more days.
    SO if you don't hear from me Friday afternoon, you'll know where I am! I'm so scared for my poor babies; they're so tiny! But it's better than the alternative, which continues to be Stillbirth - yikes!

3. Cajuchopp

Cajuchopp Well-Known Member

I will definitely be thinking about you! I know this is super scary--I'm scared every day I visit the NICU. But I know from the past few months on this site that you are strong and your family is strong, and everything is going to be all right. All my good thoughts and prayers are with you!

Kristin [​IMG]

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers [​IMG]

5. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, what a scary set of choices you're faced with! You will be in my thoughts all day Friday -- please keep us posted when you can.

6. stephsboys

stephsboys Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh! Best of luck! We will be thinking of you on Friday!
    Lindy, mom to Stephanie

7. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sara,
    I was so hoping you would have good news and get to stay pregnant longer!! But 32 weeks is a good milestone and I know your girls will do great.

If we don't hear from you Friday we'll send well wishes your way...and hope for an update next week.

Miriam

8. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

I know this wasnt the plan, but sending good thoughts and prayers for a [​IMG]

32 weeks is still great!

9. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

32 weeks is pretty good! I'm sure your little girls will be strong and hopefully their NICU stay will be short. You must have so many mixed feelings, being frightened but excited at the same time. Can't wait to hear how everything goes!!

10. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

Sara,

You will be in my thoughts! I hope all goes well. Keep us posted when you can.

Angel

11. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

Sara -
    I hope everything goes well on Friday! I'll be thinking of you and your little girls and sending lots of prayers! Keep us posted on how it goes. [​IMG]

- Nicole

12. twomore

twomore Well-Known Member

O my goodness, how scary for you and your babies. But 32 weeks is really good. I will keep you and your babies in my prayers, and hope that all will go well

13. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

I hope everything goes well for you and your babies! I wish you the best.

14. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad the NST was okay, so they are active. Hope all goes well on Friday. I'll be thinking about you.

15. Dianne

Dianne Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing your update. I too am glad the NST showed they were reactive. I will keep all of you in my thoughts if we don't see you on Friday.

16. Laura in Alaska

Laura in Alaska Well-Known Member

You and your babies will be in my thoughts all day!!

Laura

17. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Sara, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well with your appt. Friday, however being 32 weeks is a great milestone! Post when you can to update us. We will definitely be thinking about you!! Take care.
    -Misti

18. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Good luck! I'll be thinking about you, and I look forward to a GOOD report when everything's over!!!

19. Mrs.Bears

Mrs.Bears Active Member

I will pray for you and your little ones. :hug:

20. JASB

JASB Well-Known Member

We will keep you in our thoughts. 32 weeks is great milestone. Your little ones will be fine.

Best of Luck

21. ireland37

ireland37 Well-Known Member

Wow, big news. I will be thinking about you and praying for you Friday. I've never known a 32 weeker who was not healthy long-term, including 43 year-old twins who are family friends. Good luck [​IMG]

22. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hugs and encouragement! Sorry to hear that you may have to deliver earlier than you had wanted to. But with today's medical technology and your experienced healthcare providers, your babies are getting the best chance at life as possible! 32 weeks is a good length of time to carry those little ones and you should be so proud of yourself! You will be in our thoughts and prayers!

23. tracymcg

tracymcg Well-Known Member

Sara,

Just wanted to send you and your little ones a [​IMG] and lots of good thoughts for the big day. Little girls are so strong!! They may be small, but I'm sure they'll grow big and healthy in no time. They obviously have lots of motivation with such a loving family to come home to.

24. lkfmommy

lkfmommy Well-Known Member

Sara -

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and the babies over the next few days. Good luck with everything, I'm sure you're getting the best care possible.

Hang in there!

25. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Sara - we'll be thinking about you on Friday! 32 weeks - I'm so glad you have made it this far! Those little ones are going to be great - just look at their mom!

Keep us posted, please!

Nikki

26. Colette P.

Colette P. Well-Known Member

Sara,

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know it's going to be scary if they decide to deliver Friday, but 32 1/2 weeks is great and I'm sure that Ainsley and Annika will do well. Good luck -- we're all pulling for you and your girls!

Warm Regards -

27. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

Sara, You and your babies will be in my thoughts and prayers. I know how scary it is, I was there just 2 weeks ago, but it sounds like you have very good doctors and I know you and your babies will be just fine. I am here for support if you need me when you get home. I am dealing with having my two in the NICU now and I know how scary it is. While I hate leaving them there, I know it is the best place for them. And they are getting well taken care of. And it will be the same for your little ones. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving today and lots of luck for tomorrow!

28. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

Good luck to you. I'll keep you in my thoughts. I'm sure everything will be okay. Just stay positive. [​IMG]

Gordana

29. Marie_B

Marie_B Well-Known Member

Sara-

I'm sending positive thoughts and most importantly prayers your way. Stay strong and positive.

[​IMG]

30. kaybee711

kaybee711 Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow!

31. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Good luck for today! I know what you are going through as mine were born at 32 weeks but are now strapping 7 monthers lol. So keep positive and you will have them home in no time x

32. cbrown39

cbrown39 Well-Known Member

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish you and youbaies all th luck in the world. I hope all goes well for all of you.