FTM with Identical Twins. I'm 12 weeks and already set to go to WEEKLY appointments?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cheddarcheese, Mar 31, 2019.

1. cheddarcheese

cheddarcheese New Member

I have scoured the internet for anyone that has had weekly appointments so early in their pregnancy and I can't find anyone else...

One of my babies is two weeks behind, and has a partial heart defect common with down's syndrome. Immediately after my last ultrasound I was pushed to get a chromosomal abnormality blood screening (still waiting on the results) and told I need to come in every single week from here on out.

At this point, I am struggling to remain hopeful. The ultrasound technician didn't even print out a picture of my smaller baby until I asked her too, and judging by the ultrasound something is very wrong even from my untrained eyes.

Has this happened to anyone else? I found out I was pregnant at 10 weeks and everything has gone down hill so fast. Does anyone have identicals with any chromosomal issues? What was your experience like?

I'm 26 years old and did not get pregnant through IVF; apparently mothers who have twins without the help of IVF have less desirable outcomes and I'm terrified. I already feel so attached to both of them I don't know what I'm going to do if I find out the worst, or if one perishes in utero.

2. Yelisaveta91

Yelisaveta91 Member

Hi to you.
    Your post touched me, not any of my kids have chromosomal issue, but I still understand your feeling since I've been through the same sort of difficulties as you with my triplet's pregnancy (2 identical boys and a dizy girl.)
    The girl is totally healthy, but the boys were found to have serious cardiac issues for one and breath issues for the other early in the pregnancy. The girl developed well but both of the boys were days/weeks behind and one more than the other, I had many medical exams and appointements.
    We then lost our little Alexis from his issues almost a year ago (he was 2 yo by this time). His brother still have few problems as breathing and growth problems but it's less serious and his life isn't in danger.

Well, let's come back to you.
    First of all, do you have any results by now? Or still not?
    You said that seeing the ultrasound something is wrong, can you (and do you mind) sharing a picture from this ultrasound on here? Like this we can see if something seems wrong to us too, or maybe someone can find out similarities with her own ultrasound and experiences.

Second point, I found out that it seems chromosomal issues happen most of the time to only one twin than on the two of them, even for identical ones.
    So, your second baby seems to develop well at this point of time, I think you have less to worry about him so.

I'm not an expert, but still try to help you and send you all my support, it's not an easy thing to go through.
    Hope to have news from you.

Yeli

3. redenlomas

redenlomas Member

Medical Guidance: It's important to closely follow the guidance of your healthcare provider. They are the best source of information regarding your specific situation and can provide you with accurate details about the development of your twins and any potential health concerns.

Support Networks: Reach out to support groups for parents of twins, parents of children with chromosomal abnormalities, or online pregnancy communities. You might find comfort and understanding from others who have faced similar challenges.

Counseling: If you're finding it difficult to cope with the uncertainty and stress, consider seeking support from a counselor or therapist who specializes in pregnancy-related concerns. They can provide you with coping strategies and a safe space to express your feelings.

Second Opinions: If you're feeling unsure or uncomfortable with the care you're receiving, don't hesitate to seek a second opinion from another healthcare professional. It's essential that you feel confident and informed about your medical care.

Taking Care of Yourself: Remember to prioritize self-care during this challenging time. Engage in activities that help you relax and unwind, and lean on your support network for emotional support.

Hope and Resilience: While facing uncertainty can be incredibly difficult, try to hold onto hope and focus on the positive aspects of your situation. Advances in medical technology and understanding can lead to positive outcomes, even in complex cases.