Fun Game

Discussion in 'General' started by mandylouwho, Jul 26, 2008.

1. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

I will name a name of a person I want to get to know...

Then, that person will share whatever they want about themselves....please try and include your twins in there!!

After they are done sharing, they have to name a name...etc..etc.

Here we go...
    I want to get to know...

Becky!

Twinzmom2be! (I think thats how its spelled) :lol:

2. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Interesting post. Let's hear it Becky :)

3. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

Can't wait to get to know more about Becky! Wonder where she is!

4. Ange2k25

Ange2k25 Well-Known Member

Becky is out of town until Wednesday. She posted this in the scrapbooking forum:

"Probably my last July LO...leaving on vacation tomorrow and won't be back until late Wednesday..."

5. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

Fun idea!!

6. mandylouwho

Okay we can do Becky another day...

How about you Callen?

7. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(cindylouwho @ Jul 27 2008, 01:46 PM) [snapback]898560[/snapback]
    Okay we can do Becky another day...

How about you Callen?

Hmmmmm what do you want to know?

Let's start with the basics.

I just turned 39 (how the heck did that happen so fast?) and am married to Jeff. I met Jeff when I was 15 and he was 21 :blink:

We spent 11 years living north of the Arctic Circle in Ikaluktuitiak Otherwise known as Cambridge Bay. If you look at the map it is waaaay at the top on Victoria Island. Not to be confused(though it often is) with Vancouver Island in British Columbia. You can see some pictures of how incredibly beautiful it is here.

When we lived there I drove a snowmobile in the winter and a trike in the summer. Those were my vehicles :)

We moved from there to Inuvik, Northwest Territories. This gives you an idea of where it is. We had our first 3 children there and loved the 24hr daylight in the summer and didn't even mind the 24hr dark in the winter.

We loved our time up north and still miss it to this day. We now live in Southern Alberta (although DH still works up north).

We tried to convince ourselves that 3 children was lots and that it was sensible to stop. Always said that if we had more money, more time, etc, etc we would have another.

Scheduled DH for the big V and then went on holidays 2 weeks prior. Any guesses? :icon_biggrin: We knew it was a great opportunity and decided to take one last roll of the dice and ended up rolling doubles. We found out I was pregnant 7 days after his surgery. :laughing:

We feel so lucky to have had them. If we had more money, more time, etc, etc I would even love another set :itwins:

Our kids are now 13, 11(tomorrow), 6 & 3. Life is insanely busy and wonderful.

I have always know I wanted to be a SAHM and cannot imagine doing anything else. I worked as a Credit & Collections Manager for a Cable Television company pre-kids and loved it. During our years up north my DH & I held an Environment Canada Upper Air Contract and I was certified as a AES Tech. I learned a lot about hydrogen those years.

I am a serial :wacko: volunteer - school, activities, etc. I am very involved with our multiples club and have been President the last couple of years.

I love to read, am crafty, love to cook and spend a ton of time on photography. It will be what I do PT when the kids are older.

Anything else?

Thanks for asking :)

8. mandylouwho

Now Callen, you have to name someone.

9. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(mandylouwho @ Jul 27 2008, 04:27 PM) [snapback]898721[/snapback]
    Now Callen, you have to name someone.

I would like to know more about axpan :)

10. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

this sounds like "Spotlight" Is Spotlight happening anymore?

11. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ Jul 27 2008, 02:25 PM) [snapback]898829[/snapback]

:nea: it isn't happening anymore because I think people weren't posting too many questions to it. :(

12. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Jul 27 2008, 02:28 PM) [snapback]898834[/snapback]
    :nea: it isn't happening anymore because I think people weren't posting too many questions to it. :(

ohhh <_<

I did not post to them all that much myself. :pardon:

13. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ Jul 27 2008, 01:25 PM) [snapback]898829[/snapback]

It's currently on break, but we might bring it back in the fall.

14. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

QUOTE(FirstTimeMom814 @ Jul 27 2008, 02:45 PM) [snapback]898851[/snapback]
    It's currently on break, but we might bring it back in the fall.

If it's OK, can we keep this going? Sounds like fun! I especially love hearing about where people live and interesting tidbits we don't usually get to find out in posting about our kids.

15. DianaG

DianaG Member

This could be fun if people keep posting

16. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

SOunds fun to me. :)

Brandy

17. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the person that "nominates' someone also PM them so they know to come to the thread. That might get it going. I think it is a cute idea!

18. mandylouwho

Okay then...new rule...whomever you "nominate", you have to PM!

19. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Snittens @ Jul 27 2008, 01:52 PM) [snapback]898865[/snapback]
    If it's OK, can we keep this going? Sounds like fun! I especially love hearing about where people live and interesting tidbits we don't usually get to find out in posting about our kids.

Absolutely! I just wanted to explain what happened to the spotlight. I agree it's really neat to read about everyone!

20. EricaG

EricaG Well-Known Member

Great thread! Can't wait to read up on axpan!

Erica

21. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

22. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Great Idea!!

23. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Cristina @ Jul 27 2008, 10:25 PM) [snapback]899054[/snapback]
    Why doesn't the person that "nominates' someone also PM them so they know to come to the thread. That might get it going. I think it is a cute idea!

Just did :)

Are we allowed to ask questions and comment on what they tell us?

24. mandylouwho

After the person posts what they like, you are more than welcome to ask anything to that person.

Just remember...the person who gets nominated also has to nominate the next person and them pm them..

25. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

this is fun!!!

26. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

Hi all! sorry I'm so late to post but i'm sure you know how it is.
    so here it goes..
    I'm 38 yo greek american now living in greece. I'm a psychologist/ psychotherapist but stopped working when I was put on bedrest for the girls at 20 weeks and haven't really gotten back to working yet (except for the first 5 months when I was pregnant withmy little boy) so for the time being I'm a sahm. My girls are now almost 2yo and are great- Iris is very adventurous and bold, Nefeli is very social and loves music. My new baby boy is really calm and happy and a total pleasure to hang out with. After 8 years of trying it's real cool how we now have 3 children.
    I'm a Buddhist (which makes me a real minority in Greece but that hasn't been a problem) and I enjoy meditating, cooking, talking long walks with my new boy and drinking coffee at an outdoor cafe while he sleeps and of course twinstuff!
    What most people don't know about me is that I have a passion for writting and would love to be a writer. I have been taking some creative writing classes and keep looking for more so I can get better at it. I actually just recently submitted some work to a workshop I'm very psyched about I'm very secretive about my wrtiting though so don't tell anyone.:blush:
    I guess that sums the important parts.
    I'd be very happy to answer any guestions. Thanks for asking me to post.
    Got to go, baby crying, will post with a nomination for the next person soon.

27. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

Can I name Naomi 02 to be next?
    So sorry I'm so late in doing so. You know how it is sometimes? you leave something in the middle and you don't get back to it till days later....

28. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

Hey axpan where are you???

april

29. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

QUOTE(axpan @ Jul 28 2008, 12:45 PM) [snapback]900313[/snapback]
    Hi all! sorry I'm so late to post but i'm sure you know how it is.
    so here it goes..
    I'm 38 yo greek american now living in greece. I'm a psychologist/ psychotherapist but stopped working when I was put on bedrest for the girls at 20 weeks and haven't really gotten back to working yet (except for the first 5 months when I was pregnant withmy little boy) so for the time being I'm a sahm. My girls are now almost 2yo and are great- Iris is very adventurous and bold, Nefeli is very social and loves music. My new baby boy is really calm and happy and a total pleasure to hang out with. After 8 years of trying it's real cool how we now have 3 children.
    I'm a Buddhist (which makes me a real minority in Greece but that hasn't been a problem) and I enjoy meditating, cooking, talking long walks with my new boy and drinking coffee at an outdoor cafe while he sleeps and of course twinstuff!
    What most people don't know about me is that I have a passion for writting and would love to be a writer. I have been taking some creative writing classes and keep looking for more so I can get better at it. I actually just recently submitted some work to a workshop I'm very psyched about I'm very secretive about my wrtiting though so don't tell anyone.:blush:
    I guess that sums the important parts.
    I'd be very happy to answer any guestions. Thanks for asking me to post.
    Got to go, baby crying, will post with a nomination for the next person soon.

Where in Greece do you live? What do you see out your window? What's for dinner? ;)

30. naomi02

Wow, it's my turn! :) I'm afraid I'll sound pretty boring.......

I'm 31, live in Oregon......have 7 younger brothers & sisters. I was homeschooled since the 2nd grade, but don't plan on homeschooling my own kids. I went to Russia (Moscow) when I was 19 & spent 5 mos there working in an orphanage. Although, I got stuck on the cleaning crew & spent more of my time with the toilets than with the kids. Still, an amazing experience!

I met my husband on a blind date, the day before Valentine's Day. I actually almost cancelled b/c of a work thing, but "squeezed it in." :) We dated for a year & he proposed in the parking lot of the grocery store. He had another plan, but he said he couldn't wait that long to ask me. :wub: We had a beautiful outdoor wedding in May. My parents insisted on pre-marital counseling; the guy we saw was pretty lame, but he told us to "ask God for a sign" we were meant to be together. We both thought it was dumb, and he told me later: "Tell you what, I'm going scuba diving this weekend. If I find the biggest abalone & it has a pearl in it, that'll be my sign." I laughed & told him to pick something easier; he'd been diving for years & neither he or his buddies had ever found an abalone pearl. He called me that weekend & said, "You're never going to believe this...." He'd gotten the biggest abalone with a pearl inside. :)

We have 2 yr old b/g twins who are constantly changing. People ask me "So how's life with twin toddlers?" and I tell them, "How do you think?" :p

I have worked in the county courthouse, photography, elderly care, the county office that deals with pests, waiting tables & office manager for a plumbing shop. I have my license for dental assisting, but it wasn't long after I was certified that I became pregnant....twins, bed rest, sahm....plus I realized through my courses that I'm more grossed out by saliva than I realized & have an extremely high gag reflex - not a good combo! Right now I'm a sahm, but we're planning on my going back to work when the kids start school. The plan is I'll actually work for dh, though.......he's a self employed plumber. I still do the data entry for him on Quickbooks, though. Which reminds me......I'm a couple months behind. Hmmm. <_<

That's pretty much it! I've been married for 6 years now. We love to go camping, fishing, swimming, rafting. I also love the movies & reading. I've kept a journal since I was 11 years old, but when I was a kid, I loved to write poems. They were horrible, though.

In the wind I heard a voice
    in the breeze I heard it sing
    a voice of symphony, yet mystery
    a song the angels sing.

I heard it whisper sweet and low,
    healing comfort to me.
    Voice of symphony, no longer mystery
    wind of heaven, singing to me.

In the wind I find my song;
    in the sun I find my voice.
    Harmonies blending, crescendoing,
    would not a soul rejoice?

Then the song died to a breeze,
    the breeze’s gentle song
    comfort me softly, in the arms of the earth,
    the wind of heaven’s song.

March 1991/Revised March 2003

31. naomi02

And I nominate mandylouwho! She started this thread, but we haven't heard from her yet! :)

32. mandylouwho

I knew it would come back and bit me in the butt. :p

Okay here we go....Im not that interesting!

Im 30 years old. I grew up on the Jersey Shore...or "Dirty Jersey" as we call it. I moved out of my folks house at 18 and became a vagabon, living in Long Beach Island, and having a good time! Yes, I love Bruce Springsteen, No, I have not seen Jon Bon Jovi in concert, and NO ONE that lives in this state pronounces it JOISEY. :p

I met DH while I was working at a gym...he was a member. I thought he was cute, so I wrote him a note and stuck it on his car. After a 7 hour date and 6 months of a long distance relationship we were engaged. We have been married 9 years in September. We had unexplained infertility with the boys...had ONE IUI and BAAM, twins. Collin was concieved with no help...what a blessing!! :wub:

Ive worked as a teacher (preschool and infant care), a secretary, a waitress, a personal assistant, and a travel agent. I can sing...I sing mainly country music and folk. Im learning the guitar so I can get some gigs.

As a broke 19 year old, I used to pose nude for photographers workshops in mansions around NJ. I have some really amazing shots and a beautiful portfolio. They were legally bound not to sell them by contract. I was asked to model for a photo shoot for playboy. A spread of "unknown girls next door" posing on harly's. It was down to 10 girls and they only took three. I didnt make the cut. If I did, I would have been flown to Hawaii for 2 weeks.

Im a avid ghost hunter and researcher of the paranormal. I have been to several haunted gravesites, homes, historic landmarks, etc.

Im afraid of heights, but I love to fly.

I collect converse sneakers.

I have a borderline unhealthy obsession for the following:
    Doritos
    Billy Joel
    William Petersen
    The show "friends"
    John Cusack Films
    Batman

I love movies. I can quote many of the verbatum. I collect comic books, and I am peeing my pants that I get to see Dark Knight next week. :banana:

I love cars...mostly muscle cars from the 60's and 70's. If I had one car to own, it would be a 63 Corvette split Window, Riverside red and white walls. Not to race. Just to sit at home and "Rub it with a diaper" (Cmon Jenny).

I am studying at the University Of Massachusetts for my BA in English and Art. I wish to get my masters at the University of Lampeter in Wales so I can teach Celtic History. I am currently learning the Celtic Language. I have been to Ireland, and would live there if I could afford a second home.

I have had Rheumatoid Arthritis since I was 15. My house burned to the ground when I was 8. My parents designed a new home and we lived in it until I was 18. Its currently up for sale, and me and my family get to go see it Saturday!

My Maiden name was Walsh. My Nickname is Panda. I have an older brother and sister. They hate each other, but I have great relationships with them both.

I have traveled a great deal and its my goal in life to provide that to my children.

I am writing a childrens book. I paint Childrens Murals.

I am a brown belt...

My kids are my whole world. The biggest accomplishment by far is them. I dont plant to go for a fourth to "get" a girl. I would love another healthy amazing CHILD.

I think thats all I can think of...seeing as I started this at 8 and have been thinking of things to say.

33. mandylouwho

I nominate...

JNXmamma...
    AMY!

34. naomi02

QUOTE(mandylouwho @ Aug 1 2008, 01:20 AM) [snapback]907413[/snapback]
    Im afraid of heights, but I love to fly.

Me, too! I'm not sure what it is......maybe that I'm not relying on my legs to keep me from falling? Or there's nothing to fall "from"?

35. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Very fun thread!

QUOTE(mandylouwho @ Jul 31 2008, 09:20 PM) [snapback]907413[/snapback]
    I have a borderline unhealthy obsession for the following:

John Cusack Films

I am so right there with you with John Cusack films. There is just something about that man! DH even teases me about my crush B)