Fun Game

Discussion in 'General' started by mandylouwho, Jul 26, 2008.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Gini, thanks for nominating me. I promise that my life story really is the cure for insomnia :)

I was born in December 9, 1974, so I will be 34 this year, though I have nowhere near the maturity of a 34 year old, so therefore my birthday is an anniversary of my 25th birthday. Until I feel more mature, then I will age myself.

I have lived in the Philadelphia area my whole life. I started out in Boothwyn, Pa, then moved to Linwood, PA. I have 5 half brothers. My mother has two sons from her first marriage and my father has three sons from a previous relationship. My brothers are all 7 plus years older then me. My parents divorced when I was 11, though I was sad at the time, it really was the best thing that ever happened to my mother. My mom married her third husband when I turned 15 and he has been the father I never had. He was the man who taught me to believe in myself, encouraged me to do well in school, and tried to give me more self esteem then I ever had. I'm still working on that!
    I was also the person who gave my mother away when she married my stepfather.

According to my mother, I embarrassed her quite a bit. I used to take naps on the neighbors lawns. One time my mother received a call that both me and my bike were on the ground at the corner of our street. They thought I was injured. I wasn't. Me and my bike were taking a nap. I also used to give my neighbors different names for myself. I practiced running like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. I also used to entertain my third grade classmates and teacher with a puppet named Scooter, who had a show called Mad Scooter, which had theme song and opening dance. The teacher called my Mom to watch me during recess, saying I was creative.

I used to be the entertainment editor of my high school newspaper. I like all kinds of music: alternative, country, classic rock, rock, classical, oldies, rap, you name a genre and I probably like something from it. I have an excellent recall of entertainment trivia. I can also remember music lyrics well but have bad memory for most other things.

First I went to college at Kutztown University majoring in Psychology. Then I transferred to Temple University. I planned to get my PhD until I realized how expensive it would be and realized that I was going to have to take this in steps. I worked for an HMO for a few years after graduation (most soul sucking job I ever had) and then went to work for an Industrial Painting company (where I did just about everything but paint: estimating, job cost, ordering, quarterly and end of year reports, audits, etc.). I left there to be a SAHM when the twins were born.

DH and I began dating in 2004 but we had met before because we were in a wedding together in 1997 (his best friend married my best friend). These same friends put us in contact with each other in 2004 because our mutual obsession with Lord of the Rings. We were married in October of 2006. Decided because of our ages to start a family right away, however, we had problems getting pregnant. After using Clomid and not worrying that there was 10% chance of multiples, we got pregnant. When we went to the U/S to date the pregnancy, the tech told us there was two in there. I did not believe her and figured to myself that she was looking at my ovaries. Until she pointed everything out on the screen. We were shocked but were also thrilled. Sophia and Luke were born December 26, 2007. My world has been completely rocked since then.

Silly trivia about me:
    I started my Master's Degree in January 2005 for Pastoral Counseling. Hopefully I will graduate in May of 2009. I would like to be a school counselor, so I may have to do more schooling to get my certificate. Currently I am doing my internship at the college counseling center.

DH is a police officer for Philadelphia, so we have to live in the city. We live in the Far Northeast, closer to Bucks County then Center City.

I'm shy until I get to know people.

I believe my house is haunted.

My mom is my best friend and one of my biggest cheerleaders besides my stepdad.

Had my appendix removed at age 12 and gallbladder removed in 2005. Announced to DH and my family, after having tonsilitis for the 1st time at age 30, that I refuse to have my tonsils removed.

I am always shocked to discover that there are other people named Nancy. For the longest time I was always the only Nancy.

People always go to me for advice. I feel like I never have anything useful to say, but I try.

I would have a million dogs and cats if I could. I love to read. I have a strong interest in Buddhism, though I am not Buddhist.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, manage to put my foot in my mouth without meaning to, I love the sound of silence, want to learn another language, and my dream house is a farm.

I am thinking of another person to nominate :) I hope I did not bore anyone to death! DH told me that I should write about my fake career in the CIA but I told him I was no Julia Child (my Mom did go to a psychic who told her that I would be the next Julia Child-she was wrong, I can't cook!)!!!!

Edited to add: I nominate Dianna! Off to PM her right now!

2. lleddinger

lleddinger Well-Known Member

manage to put my foot in my mouth without meaning to

Seems you have the sagitarean disease also :D My bday is Dec 11th and this happens to me on a regular basis!!

3. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

Oh boy so I am suppose to talk about myself...geesh, I am not a very exciting person LOL

Towns I have lived in: Reedville Va(birth town), Richmond Va, Galveston TX, LaMarque Tx, West Chester Pa, Reedville Va, Jacksonville FL, Richmond Va, Jacksonville FL, Jacksonville NC, Oceanside CA, North Kingstown RI, Newport RI

One sister who is 38. Two half brothers 25 and 21.

I have four children Coral(14), Ariel (11) and Lucas and Dillon (5 months)

I am a non-custiodial mom to my girls. I married their father when I was senior in high school. I then dropped out of high school, and had the girls. No I was not pregnant when I married him or when I dropped out. But I did not love him. Never should have married him. Really figured I didn't have much of a choice. Was not getting alone with my family and didn't feel I could do anything and just hoped I would grow to love him. Yeah, that didn't happen. After a few years of marriage and two beautiful girls I couldn't take it anymore. It was decided that for the girls, they would stay with their dad. I had never worked, didn't know how I would support myself, where I would live, or anything. With him they had a home, he had a steady job(military), a stable life. For sometime we lived in the same town and I had them on the weekends, but after sometime he got transfered and my 2nd(current and last) also got transfered. I see my girls normally once a year. We have a great relationship, just a bit different than typical mom/daughters. More friends. It is hard not to see them often, it sucks. But they are happy, healthy, very well adjusted and that is what matters.

I found out shortly after I left that marriage that I am bipolar. I actaully went to get help for OCD and got the diagnoses of bipolar and a few other things. I am stable now but it was a very hard road of lots of meds, therapay and a few hosptial stays. I am off of meds, have been for a few years, don't see any doctors and manage to do ok. Thankfully I have the most supportive husband I could ever ask for, supportive family and friends who are always there for me.

I do have a lot of guilt b/c I have passed on anxiety and depression to my youngest daughter. Thankfully she has already gotten help and is doing great. Keeping fingers crossed the boys do not have any issues but if they do I will support them and get them the help they need.

Oh my boys, the biggest and best surprise of my life. I have been married to my husband for 9 years. After about 8 years of no birth control we just figure it wasn't mean to be. I have taken many pregnancy tests through out the years and always negative. We were not trying to get pregnant, but were not trying not to. When I asked him to get me a test, he didn't for about two days until he saw how sick I was. I took the test at 5am and woke him up with the wonderful news. At 11 weeks was wearing materinity pants....11 weeks and 1 day had the u/s that showed twins!!!

I love being online. I love email and email groups. Have been on some form of an email group for years now. Of course now I am on one for parents of twins and play groups in the area. If I am not at TS, I am in email answering the many emails that flood in.

You never really know what you are going to get with me. My taste in music, movies, tv change just about daily LOL I like to keep people on their toes.

I never know how to answer the question about religion. I am not really anything, but not by choice. I have Christian beliefs but I can not read the bible or attend church. When I do I get very obessed and it really effects my marriage and all other relationships...good to be focused on God but this obession is never good, very damaging. I don't know if that is part of the bipolar or not.

I can not figure out what policitcal party I would say I am with as I do not trust any politicans LOL I get that from my mom.

I meet my husband Chad on a blind date. The girl I moved in with after I left my ex was really good friends with Chad. She was going out one night with her boyfriend and another couple. I wasn't going to go and be the 5th wheel, so she called Chad. He actually had another date that night and stood the girl up. So glad he stood her up :)

I am a southern stuck in the north. I hope I never talk like people here LOL I get made fun of all the time b/c I say things like "ya'll" with a very heavy accent...Hopefully my southern influnce will win over when it comes to the boys. I really want them to know where to put "r's" when speaking LOL No, New England is great. I actually really enjoy living here.

Huge Harry Potter fan. Those are the only books I own and the only books I have read more than once. I have no need to read any other book more than one time. The HP series I have read through a number of times and getting ready to do so again before the next movie comes out.

Had the boys here in Newport RI. Coral was born in Jacksonville FL at the naval station and Ariel was born in Jacksonville NC at the Marine base. The best birthing experince was of course here in a nice civilian birthing center. With the girls I was in labor in a room with other women and for the stay there shared a room. Here, I was all by myself. Very nice.

I know this is very all over the place but my hubby just won't stop yapping LOL He is never this chatty at night LOL

Like I said not very exciting and probably could have put a lot more but wasn't sure what to talk about. Oh and I am an open book, so I will answer any questions or whatever :)

I nominate ladybenz. I will send her a pm.

Dianna

4. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

Hi y'all... (that was for YOU Dianna) ;)

My name is Aimee, and I'm 31 years old, as of a couple of weeks ago. I grew up in a small town in western Massachusetts, but moved to the South when I was 16, and now consider myself a southern girl. I love my grits, home fries, carolina barbecue, hush puppies, etc!

I have 4 siblings, 3 sisters and my twin brother. We were actually my mom's second set of twins, but the first were born premature and didn't live for very long. Since my mom has a brother and sister who are twins, that makes my twins the 4th set in 3 generations, but the first set of same sex twins.

I have a degree in French and Journalism, and I actually lived in France for several months ten years ago. I lived in Dijon, which is famous, of course, for the mustard, but is in the heart of the Burgundy wine country. I love wine and food, and learned to cook in the french style. I love to cook and eat, and Julia Child is my idol in the kitchen! She was a truly gifted chef. My favorite food is probably Cassoulet, which is a traditional french dish made with beans, sausage, and duck. It's kind of a cross between a stew and a pot pie. It's heaven. :) I also love spicy foods, and love to make curries. My twins actually tried their first curry the other day (in butternut squash) and they loved it!

As much as I love food, it's probably a good thing I've got a moderate obsession with physical fitness. I love to run, ride my bike, wakeboard, etc. I have run three marathons, most recently the Mercedes Marathon in Birmingham Alabama, right before I became pregnant. I'm currently working on strength training with the program from onehundredpushups.com, and it is kicking my butt! I love it though!

My husband and I met when our best friends got married. We were both in the wedding party and by the end of the night I knew we would be married. three years later, we were. :) Now we've been married for almost 5 years. We have three dogs, Chani, an immortal cocker spaniel who is as old, stinky, and decrepit as anything you've ever seen, Petra, a mix-breed of indeterminate age who I've had about 8 years, and Hank, a 170 lb. Mastiff puppy who just turned 18 months old and is truly the epitome of the gentle giant.

My twins were born in January and they have just made my life so wonderful. I love them so much, it is hard to believe how much my heart has grown since they were born. They have fascinating little personalities, and I just love watching them grow!

I am a photographer by trade and by hobby, and I spend nearly all my "free" time with a camera in my hands. I shoot with a Canon 30D. I love shooting portraits, and I actually take portraits of Roe and Joe every day, and post one of each of them to my flickr account every day. :)

In addition to cooking, exercise, and photography, my other big obsession is books. I am a total bibliophile. I will stay up all night with a good book and wakeup with a book hangover and never regret it!!

Well, that's me. :) I will post my nomination in the AM. :)

5. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

It has been wonderful getting to know all you ladies! :Clap: You are all amazing. :bow2:

Nancy, we'll definately have to plan something one day. You live way too close to me for us not to meet! :D

6. kingeomer

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Aug 15 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]932801[/snapback]
    It has been wonderful getting to know all you ladies! :Clap: You are all amazing. :bow2:
    Nancy, we'll definately have to plan something one day. You live way too close to me for us not to meet! :D

We definitely should! That would be way fun!!!! I promise not to fall asleep on people's lawns :)

7. kingeomer

Ladybenz-I love your portraits, they are awesome! You are my physical fitness hero. I'll have to think of all you do to get myself motivated to take a walk!!!!!

Dianna-I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan too! So is DH, when we found out the 6th movie was pushed back to summer of 09, I told DH to sit down because I had bad news for him. Then I told him and he took it well considering!!!! Ron Weasley is my favorite character...

8. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

And, I'm nominating jasonsmommy, Mandy! I'll send her a PM

9. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

To Nancy Cozzi, loved your stories about your neighborhood naps!!

You will laugh...but every time I see a post by you...there is a traditional "game show host guy voice" in my head that says

"It'ssssss NANCYYYYY COZZIIIII"

if you can imagine what I am trying to say. Like the price is right guy that says "come on down".

10. mandylouwho

mandylouwho Well-Known Member

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Aug 15 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]932503[/snapback]
    DH is a police officer for Philadelphia, so we have to live in the city. We live in the Far Northeast, closer to Bucks County then Center City.

Are you on the south side of Bucks? I live in Montgomery County...off Rt 309. Your prob not far at all!

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Aug 15 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]932503[/snapback]
    I believe my house is haunted.

I can help you with that if you like. IM a paranormal investigator...and have dont many homes in the city. Its amazing all the amazing research and findings we have gotten in this city!

11. mandylouwho

QUOTE(TwinLove @ Aug 15 2008, 11:40 PM) [snapback]932801[/snapback]

I may have to join you!

12. mandylouwho

Im a avid ghost hunter and researcher of the paranormal. I have been to several haunted gravesites, homes, historic landmarks, etc.

Ohhh, how fascinating - this interests me too. Question is, did you see/experience any paranormal activity?
    I love cars...mostly muscle cars from the 60's and 70's. If I had one car to own, it would be a 63 Corvette split Window, Riverside red and white walls. Not to race. Just to sit at home and "Rub it with a diaper" (Cmon Jenny).

ME TOO. In fact, for my b-day present to myself this summer I indulged and bought myself a totally restored 1965 Impala SS two-door hardtop...have always wanted one. Found it online in North Dakota...was shipped right to my door via semi truck! Sometimes I have to go peek in the shop to see if it's really there or if I imagined the whole thing, LOL

Darci,

Sorry, Im just reading this!! This thread has been so successful! Wow, what a cool thing!!

Anyway....Yes, I have seen and experienced many things paranormal. In fact, I have been since I was a small child. Its really quite un-nerving....its good though I have seemed to help some people, but it is something that I have issues dealing with. My biggest experiences were in a B and B in Cape May. I was physically pushed. I ran out of the house literally screaming. (there were several other factors). It turned out to be a home of a sexist man that lived near the revolutionary war. He lived with several women, and had many children that he never recognized. I actually connected with one of his "daughters" who lived in the home. I have an EVP of her voice....saying clearly..."WAS NOT!!!" (I asked her if the mean male spirit in the home was her father)....there has been many others...including the Eastern State Pennetentary, I refuse to go back there. It is a bit intimidating and daunting.

As for the car...OH MY GOD! I learned how to drive on my brothers 64 SS Impala Convertible. What a small world! What an awesome car!!!! Congrats on the awesome find!! There is a 69 Fully restored Camaro for sale down the road. I drool at every turn I see it...

13. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ABCKids @ Aug 17 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]934493[/snapback]
    To Nancy Cozzi, loved your stories about your neighborhood naps!!

You will laugh...but every time I see a post by you...there is a traditional "game show host guy voice" in my head that says

"It'ssssss NANCYYYYY COZZIIIII"

if you can imagine what I am trying to say. Like the price is right guy that says "come on down".

i do the same thing! :rotflmbo:

14. kingeomer

QUOTE(ddancerd1 @ Aug 17 2008, 10:22 PM) [snapback]934719[/snapback]
    i do the same thing! :rotflmbo:

That is hilarious ladies!!!! I never thought about that with my screen name, it was just a spinoff of my e-mail. Now, I will be thinking of that everytime I post!
    :rotflmbo:

15. kingeomer

QUOTE(mandylouwho @ Aug 17 2008, 09:09 PM) [snapback]934605[/snapback]
    Are you on the south side of Bucks? I live in Montgomery County...off Rt 309. Your prob not far at all!

Yes, I am. We are right on the border of Bensalem! We all will have to get together, that would be fun! It would be great to meet the awesome ladies of TS :)

It's weird about my house, I don't think it is an unhappy spirit but what makes me think that there is something there is that the cat will sit in the same spot on the second floor and constantly meow. She'll be staring that the same thing, which makes me think someone is there. The babies will also stare at something (not looking at anyone else, often times a blank wall) and just stare or laugh/giggle. I would love to have a paranormal investigator come to my house to tell me if something or someone was there or not.

16. mandylouwho

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Aug 18 2008, 11:05 AM) [snapback]935222[/snapback]
    Yes, I am. We are right on the border of Bensalem! We all will have to get together, that would be fun! It would be great to meet the awesome ladies of TS :)

It's weird about my house, I don't think it is an unhappy spirit but what makes me think that there is something there is that the cat will sit in the same spot on the second floor and constantly meow. She'll be staring that the same thing, which makes me think someone is there. The babies will also stare at something (not looking at anyone else, often times a blank wall) and just stare or laugh/giggle. I would love to have a paranormal investigator come to my house to tell me if something or someone was there or not.

We should plan something! Maybe a picnic in a park or something. I have never met any TS ladies!

Let me know if you ever want an investigation. I can set it up and give you info on how it works. Its free.

17. billandginastwins1

QUOTE(mandylouwho @ Aug 18 2008, 12:50 PM) [snapback]935432[/snapback]
    We should plan something! Maybe a picnic in a park or something. I have never met any TS ladies!

Let me know if you ever want an investigation. I can set it up and give you info on how it works. Its free.

You guys need to come to Sesame Place!!!

18. mandylouwho

QUOTE(ABCKids @ Aug 18 2008, 07:46 PM) [snapback]936066[/snapback]

I know...it just has never worked out for me...the timing is bad since its around a holiday and I am usually with family. :(

19. kingeomer

QUOTE(mandylouwho @ Aug 18 2008, 08:00 PM) [snapback]936086[/snapback]
    I know...it just has never worked out for me...the timing is bad since its around a holiday and I am usually with family. :(

We should get together, it would be great! I wanted to go to Sesame Place this year but had tickets to a play that day this year. I am hoping we can go next year, fingers and toes crossed!

20. billandginastwins1

QUOTE(mandylouwho @ Aug 18 2008, 08:00 PM) [snapback]936086[/snapback]

Yeah, we always did family picnics and such...but this was our second year going to Sesame and we have such a great time and it is really nice to get together with TS people...so now that is our memorial weekend tradition. Hope you guys can come one of these times!!! Would love to meet you.

QUOTE(itsnancycozzi @ Aug 18 2008, 08:21 PM) [snapback]936127[/snapback]
    We should get together, it would be great! I wanted to go to Sesame Place this year but had tickets to a play that day this year. I am hoping we can go next year, fingers and toes crossed!

If you do come....I am gonna scream....Itssssss NANCYYYYY COZZIIIIIII!!!

21. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ABCKids @ Aug 18 2008, 07:46 PM) [snapback]936066[/snapback]

I was there! :Clap: But see there were so many TS'ers and kids that I didn't get to meet everyone. Actually I think this had to do alot with my own kids... I had to stay with them the whole time and didn't get to chit chat with you all!

22. kingeomer

QUOTE(ABCKids @ Aug 18 2008, 08:30 PM) [snapback]936145[/snapback]
    Yeah, we always did family picnics and such...but this was our second year going to Sesame and we have such a great time and it is really nice to get together with TS people...so now that is our memorial weekend tradition. Hope you guys can come one of these times!!! Would love to meet you.
    If you do come....I am gonna scream....Itssssss NANCYYYYY COZZIIIIIII!!!

That would be hilarious and I would have to stop and think for a minute, "OMG, how do they know my name?" It always takes me a minute!!! :D

23. Fun gioco per me online emozionante in Italia, non cercare oltre il casinò https://casinomaniaonline.com/ online italiano - CasinòMania! Con una vasta selezione di giochi d'azzardo online, questo casinò online è il posto perfetto per soddisfare la tua fame di divertimento e gioco.