Fun random educational moment of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by Dielle, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

My hairdryer died last week. So the other day I gave it to Trey to take apart if he wanted. Today he did and now he's explaining all the mechanics of how it worked. He's got the motor, some wires and and a handful of batteries. Right this minute he's testing to see how adding one battery at a time makes the motor run. So far he's up to 4, and you can hear it run/blow faster/louder with each added battery. And he's explained to me and the other kids all about the little internal oven, closing circuits, and some other mechanisms that he doesn't yet know the name for but knows it's function. Oh, and he just let me know that if you turn the batteries around, the fan blows the opposite direction. He has such a great aptitude for this kind of thing! And I'm so grateful for the opportunity to homeschool this child. I think that school would not be a good fit for him and often think about this Einstein quote... “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.” Which is not to say that I don't require a lot of reading, math, etc. I'm just able to do it in a way more suited to him.

Anyway, it's fun to see his excitement over this and to be able to have him actually teach me new things.

1 person likes this.
  2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

That's really cool. I love that you're able to teach your children and also engage their creativity and passions. It's inspiring to hear.

And it's difficult to hear because I'm right now trying to decide whether to send my kids to a mediocre public kindergarten, a very expensive but lovely private school, or quit my job and homeschool. :headbang:

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

That is really neat!! I think Trey reminds me of who I think Clayton is. We'll see I guess. You are the perfect homeschool parent!

4. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

So fun! Sounds like a very creative kid.

5. Kessedi

Kessedi Well-Known Member

You are right, it is necessary to develop creative thinking in children at an early age. This will help them successfully write any impressive school essay. Sometimes you can use paper writer to improve your child's writing skills. Parents should devote all their time to the good education of their children. This is my opinion.