Fundal Height Ahead After Twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by fruitofthewomb, Feb 10, 2015.

1. fruitofthewomb

fruitofthewomb Active Member

I haven't been on here for 2 years... our twins are now 2 1/2. I am 15 1/2 weeks pregnant and my fundal height is 20, just like with the twins. We did have a 12 week ultrasound, could he have missed another twin or is it common for the fundal height to be advanced after twins? My next appointment isn't until the 25th of this month. 

2. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Forwhat it's worth, here is my experience: My single baby after the twins always measured ahead or in the 97th percentile or so - and he was and still is a big baby, especially compared to the twins. My doctor said that this is not uncommon after twins.

PS Congratulations - have a happy healthy pregnancy!

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Fundal height isn't an accurate measure until 20 weeks or so. Also, with second and subsequent pregnancies, your uterus usually pops up and out quite early - it's all "Yay, I've done this before. I got it." ;) All that to say, while it is *possible* to have missed a monkey on the ultrasound, it isn't likely and having a fundal height measuring ahead at this point doesn't really indicate anything.

Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This was me. My baby was almost the weight of my twins out together.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It occured to me that my singleton to combined twin weights was also comparable but I always assumed that was because the girls were premature but maybe it's a "thing". ;) The girls were, combined, 9 lbs 7 oz and Emmett was 9 lbs 2 oz.

6. Josephmayer1

Josephmayer1 New Member

According to me you must get an appointment from your doctor and get a checkup that both the twin have proper weight and proper growth.
    -------------
    meilleur anti cellulite