Funny little potty training story...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by haleystar, Mar 26, 2012.

1. haleystar

haleystar Well-Known Member

Potty training FAIL #1
    You know how when you have to pee really bad and you push on your lower abdomen to speed up the process? Well when I absolutely KNOW the boys have to pee but just sit on the potty uncomfortably holding it in out of spite, I will very gently put my hand on their tummy and funnily say "squishy squishy" and they'll laugh and eventually pee w/o fuss. Now I'm seeing the error inmy free the fear tactic.

Every morning both boys wake up dry. If I put them immediately on the potty we will spend up to an hour of waiting for their bladder to wake-up, I guess that's the best way to put it. So rather than sitting in the bathroom making up stupid "going pee pee in the potty" songs I will give them their cup of milk and let them run around for 20 minutes or so until we all just know that they are bloated with pee. I'll then enthusiastically ask "Wanna go pee pee in the potty and get a sticker?", to which they happily ask "sticker?", and on the potties they sit. We sing some songs, cheer each other on, all that fun stuff and when River (Alex just lets it go) can no longer hold it will "squishy squishy" himself (in a cutesy voice trying to copy Mommy) and NOT to his tummy (like Mommy does)....oh no he cutely squishy squishes his PENIS! Yes, my son has grown into a man. So now, as he is getting exited watching the pee coming out and go into the potty he'll look up at me and say "done?" to which I encouragingly reply "I don't know you better shake it a couple times to make sure it's all out" and he DOES while dancing and saying "shake shake" (hands free of course and into the potty). He does get VERY proud of himself and calls it "cool" and shouts "YAY" while jumping up and down that he did it and proceeds to "flush" his froggie potty chair.
    Here is where the fail comes in...

The other day he did a "squishy squishy" grabbing his penis and pointing it down into the toilet but they pulled it up and pointed it at ME! Not on purpose of course and he wasn't peeing but oy vey....potty training FAIL #1.

2. marcymiller

marcymiller Well-Known Member

bahahahahaaaa!!!! adorable story and very well written! I seriously just laughed out loud enough to wake my dog:)