Funny things your kids have said this week...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jjzollman, Mar 7, 2011.

1. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

This is more of an Awe moment..... :wub:

Cooper just ran up to Brooklyn and gave her the biggest hug and said "Bwookwyn, your my BEST girwl". :D

1 person likes this.
  2. mgordon64

mgordon64 Member

As we were getting ready to go outside, Alex took off his pants and diaper. I told him we need to put it all back on so we can go outside. Stephanie said, "Yes, Alex, you need to put your pants on or your penis will be cold."

2 people like this.
  3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

A&A fought all day today. On the way to pick their brother up from school, they were apologizing back and forth to each other it went like this
    note: Ava calls Addison Ya Ya

Ava: Ya Ya I am so sorry I pulled your hair

Addison: I am so sorry I said I don't like you

Ava: I am so sorry I told daddy you said you dont like me

Addison: I am so sorry I told daddy you pulled my hair

Ava: I am so sorry I scratched you in the face

Addison: I am so sorry I am going to take my shoe off and throw it at you :woah:

I was glad that I was paying attention!!!

3 people like this.
  4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

On the way home from daycare
    Jack: "My booger go? My booger go? My booger fall down, Mommy have to clean it up" :bad:

5. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:laughing: at the poopology...I thought that was a quirk of my kids until reading this thread :laughing:

Here is another one. The kids have been watching the Charlie Brown Easter Beagle special (my two are obsessed with Charlie Brown)...so DS is running around the house pretending to give us eggs and calling himself the Easter Beagle and DD says real loud, "I'M YOGURT!" I had no clue she was a Spaceballs character!

1 person likes this.
  6. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Was she running around talking about moy-chandising and Space Balls 2?

Yesterday Alice told me that she couldn't wait until she was fifteen like me. :lol:

1 person likes this.
  7. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

We went to church on Ash Wednesday to get ashes. I went up with my son, and on our way back down the aisle he asked (not very quietly) "why am I dirty?"

1 person likes this.
  8. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

My parents were visiting and helped take the kids shopping. As I was looking at the clearance kids clothes, DS wandered off with my dad. A few minutes later they come back over and my dad was blushing. DS had led him to the bra section, where he said "I looking for Mommy!" - my poor Dad!

Lately any time they want to do something they aren't allowed to they say, "Mommy, go to the ___________ (kitchen, living room, etc.)" Today they wanted to dump sand out of the sandbox (I make them keep it in the box, big meanie that I am) so I was told to go inside! I remember the days when they couldn't stand to be more than a foot away from me...

And lastly, a sweet one. DS loves his baby sister so much - every time he sees her he kisses her on the cheek and says, "Meeli, you a great sweetie pie." I love this age!

9. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

These are great, nothing like 2-4 year olds.

Here's an older one--like a month ago. Mark and Eli love to argue while they are sitting in their car seats. I"m pumping gas, and I hear yelling and screaming from the back of the car. Fists and feet are flying around, and I open the door.

Me:What are you guys arguing about?
    Eli: Daddy's a girl.
    Mark: No Daddy's boy.
    Eli: No Daddy' a girl.
    Mark: Daddy's A BOY!!! (Screaming at the top of his lungs.)
    Me: Listen you know how you can tell if Daddy's is a boy or a girl. Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. Does Daddy have a penis or a vagina?
    Eli: Daddy has peanuts. Daddy's a boy.
    Mark: Yeah Daddy has peanuts.

My DH feeds them honey roasted peanuts all the time, so I wasn't sure if they were talking about peanuts or just mispronouncing penis.

Here's another one from yesterday. Eli was eating a strawberry. I had cut the top of it of with a knife. He's staring at the strawberry, where I cut the top off, and he says, "This strawberry has a by-gina (aka vagina)." I look over his shoulder, and say no it doesn't, and he looks at me and says. This strawberry has a by-gina, and you have a by-gina Mommy. :rotflmbo:

Honestly, I could see what he was saying. It did kind of look like a vagina. I think he's been watching very carefully when I change his sister's diaper.

Ok, one more. My DH just got a job in another state--Maryland. The boys are arguing in the back of the car again. Mark says, "Daddy's taking a job in Maryland. Eli says, "No Daddy's taking a job in the bathroom."

2 people like this.
  10. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

From a few weeks ago...

DS had surgery at the end of January to correct his hypospadias. Needless to say, we have been talking a lot about his penis over the last few weeks. One night in the bathtub, they were discussing the fact that DS had a penis and DD did not. I asked her what she had if she did not have a penis...she looks at me very seriously and says, "Keegan penis. Molly front-bum." I guess it kind of looks like a bum :rolleyes:

I guess I need to decide what word I will give her to use as I do not think front bum will work :)

1 person likes this.
  11. kingeomer

:laughing: Not yet!
    Tell Alice, you'll be fifteen forever :wub:

I have another one. Yesterday DH was in the kitchen with both kids and I hear DS say loudly, "I fart as good as Daddy!" :rofl:

12. Twins926

Twins926 Member

13. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

LOL.. so funny heather. Loving this thread, keep them coming, perfect thread for me tonight, i definately need some laughs right now.

1 person likes this.
  14. Brizzy_Twins

LOL :D this thread is really cracking me up tonight. thanks guys! :)

15. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

DS has this new habit of commenting on either DH's or my clothing when we get them up in the morning. DS will be standing in his crib and when you approach, he is holding out both of his hands. He will run them up and down your arms, saying something like "ooohhh...Momma, I LIKE your red sweater!"

The other day he says to DH "Oooohhh...Daddy, I LIKE your brown shirt!" And then DS asks, "What's that?" as he points to DH's exposed wrist. DH answers by saying "um, that's my arm." And DS says "Ooohhh...Daddy, I LIKE your arm!"

:rolleyes:

16. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We have a sandbox and a playhouse in the back yard. The other afternoon we caught them hauling buckets of sand to the playhouse. They were dumping all the sand out in the playhouse. I asked them "What are ya'll doing? You are making a mess! You know the sand is suppose to stay in the sandbox.". They said "We're making a beach house mommy!". :lol:

1 person likes this.
  17. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

On the drive home from the sitter's:

Finley: Where are we going?

Sullivan: Sissy, we are going home.

Me: What did you say, Sullivan? Did you say Sissy?

Sullivan: Yes, Finley is my Sissy.

Me: No, he's your brother.

Sullivan: No, he's my Sissy.

Lennon: WHAT?? He's a BOY!

Me: Ok, if Finley is your Sissy, what is Lennon?

Sullivan: Lennon is my brother.

Lennon: Ok, as long as I'm a brother I don't care what Finley is.

:laughing: They crack me up!

1 person likes this.
  18. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

A friend came to visit for a week so we've been running around sightseeing and doing a lot of things that I can't always do by myself with the kids. At dinner the night before going to the zoo:

Friend: Anyone want to guess where we are going tomorrow?
    DS: We go to the coupon?
    Friend and me, confused: To the coupon? What coupon?
    DD: The wonderpet store.
    Me: Even better than the pet store. With more animals.
    DD: The Zoo!
    DS: No, we go to the coupon! We go to the COUPON!!! (eyes clearly tearing up, booboo lip starting to come out)

We tried to figure out where the coupon was but he was just more sure that it was where he wanted to go so we just dropped it to avoid tears over going to the zoo! :unknw:

19. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Cameron after picking his nose

Me: Don't pick your nose and eat it. That's yucky.
    C: Yes! It's yummy!
    Me: No, boogers are yucky!
    C: Yes, Yummy! ...and pasta!

Oh great, he's comparing boogers to pasta.

20. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

"I'm sorry that I broke it, but.......I broke it"

Ok, thanks. :p

21. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Me: Ana finish your milk.
    Ana: I finished it mommy. [pause] Um, mommy?
    Me: Yes sweetie...
    Ana: Did you know I just lied?
    Me: Finish your milk!
    Ana: I finished it. I just lied again.

:wacko:

6 people like this.
  22. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

ahhhahahahaaa

23. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: Hey, at least she knows what "lie" means!

24. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

We have been trying not to buy many toys lately. Last night we were watching a Dora DVD where Dora has a pirate show (we watch it ALOT, it is one of their favs) Ava kept asking for a Dora doll, I told her maybe for Christmas or her birthday, she kept on with one thing after another when finally dora opens a treasure chest that has all kinds of pirate things in it and Ava says "mommy, my eye fell out, I need an eye patch"

We were riding to town yesterday when Addison spotted this really ugly car, it was probably the car of a teenager the paint job was really wild. Addison called it a spiderman car even though it did not have spiderman on it? She asked me if we could have it. I told her no that it belonged to someone else and she said " I know but I meant when it is on Craigslist" I didn't even know she knew about Craigslist!!!

25. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

Last night me, dh and the girls were laying on our bed with the lights out right before bed time. Bailey was really tired and was ready to just go to sleep, but Marley was still wound up and jumping up and being silly. Finally, Marley sits down and we have the following exchange:

Me: I love you, Marley. And I love you too, Bailey. Good night.

Marley: Awwww, I love you too, Mommy. Merry Christmas. And Merry Christmas Daddy and Merry Christmas Bailey.

Me: Merry Christmas, Marley?

Marley: Yes, Merry Christmas.

Me: Bailey, Marley just wished you a Merry Christmas. Do you have anything you want to say to her.

Bailey: You're welcome!

We all laughed really hard after that. I can't stop thinking about now it and laughing to myself.

26. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Lily has gotten really sassy. The other day DH told her to come and brush her teeth and really angry she yelled "shoo shoo go away come again some other day!"

We should have never taught her that song about rain.

27. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Jason went to put Cameron back in to bed for his nap. Cameron decided to get interested in Jason's facial features. He felt Jason's face and noticed a little stubble. He also started to look and comment on everything he saw.

C: You have short hair here (on face) and long hair here (on head)
    J: Yes that's right Cameron
    C: (when pointing at J's nose) You have yuckies up there.
    J: Do you have yuckies in your nose?
    C: No, I don't have boogers in there you have boogers in your nose.
    J: I don't have any boogers in my nose. (He didn't have any, just for the record ;))
    C: Cameron does not have boobies.

28. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Since I shared one from Ana that happened last night, I'll share one from Meara too.

Last week they were in the sitter's (W) back yard with W's dog. A little girl (5 y.o.) who lives behind our W's house was talking to the girls asking about the dog. She assumed it was their dog, but Meara said "No we can't have a dog because our daddy is allergic to dogs and cats." The little girl replied "Oh so when your daddy died you got a dog?!" When W told me the story she didn't think Meara heard what the little girl said (you know how kids talk over each other). But then out of the blue a day later Meara said to me "The little girl that lives behind W said we can get a cat when daddy dies." Um, hmmm, ok.

29. Aeliza

Aeliza Well-Known Member

Ok, maybe not the only funny thing Cameron has said today. Gosh, where does he come up with the stuff?!

We were talking in his room when it was obvious he was not going to nap...

C: Cameron is a good boy. Kiefer is a good boy. Mommy is a good girl.
    Me: Mommy is a good girl?
    C: Yes. Mommy is a good girl. Daddy is not a good boy. Cameron is a big boy. Kiefer is a big boy. Mommy is a big girl
    Me: Mommy is a big girl?
    C: Yes. Mommy is a big girl. Daddy will be a big boy soon.

When we left the room, I told Daddy what Cameron said to me. Convo continues...

Daddy: I'm a big boy.
    C: No. Cameron is a big boy. You are not a big boy. You will be a big boy soon.

1 person likes this.
  30. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

<Front story..to fill you in> We have a Yorkie that has her body shaved. Her tail is just a little stub. Notice I said 'her', she is a girl and her name is Tasha. :)

C: "Mommy, I'm a boy I have a penis."
    Me: "That's right you are a boy and you do have a penis."
    C: "Tasha is a boy and has a penis on top."

:laughing:

31. Brizzy_Twins

:laughing:

32. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Bahahahahahaha these are hilarious! I can't wait until my two-some talk more, they have lots of words but no real sentences yet. I love little kid convo's! :wub:

33. kingeomer

I have another one.
    DH and I were getting the kids ready for bed and DS was done on the potty and stood up. DD says very loudly, "Mommy! Lukey is like a dinosaur, 'cept he has a tail in the front!" :laughing:
    I had no come back for that one!

1 person likes this.
  34. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Abby asked me the other if I ate her and her brother to get them in my tummy :laughing:

2 people like this.
  35. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Ivy is my total drama queen. She was born to be on stage. Last weekend, we went to a party at my mom's house, and as the guests started leaving, Ivy got sad: "I want them to see me again sometime." :laughing:

1 person likes this.