fussy , fussy, fussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Nicolette, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Nicolette

Nicolette Well-Known Member

[​IMG]They had their 4 month vacinations yesturday, and since then they have just been little bears! No fever..........
    How do your little ones act after shot day?????????

2. Nicolette

Nicolette Well-Known Member

[​IMG]They had their 4 month vacinations yesturday, and since then they have just been little bears! No fever..........
    How do your little ones act after shot day?????????

3. cmharper

cmharper Well-Known Member

Fussy, fussy, fussy [​IMG] - so same as yours. Chloe had a fever too, but each time they get vaccines, the rest of that day they are sleepy, then the next day is ****.

4. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Mine were ultra fussy. I don't remember my singletons being this fussy, maybe it's a twin thing? [​IMG]

5. Eyler07

Eyler07 Well-Known Member

For the next 2-3 days afterwards (they just got theirs too), they were so fussy and thrown off schedule. They didnt sleep well through the night and seemed irratable. AFter a few days things have slowly gone back to normal...good luck.

amanda

6. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

The day of the vaccines, they slept a ton and were super cranky that night. The next day was absolute he**, and then back to normal by the following day!! Good luck. [​IMG] and hang in there!!

7. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by cmharper:
    Fussy, fussy, fussy [​IMG] - so same as yours. Chloe had a fever too, but each time they get vaccines, the rest of that day they are sleepy, then the next day is ****.

I agree about the next day, just keep that tylenol coming!

The twins had to get their 4 month shots on different days due to Emily having a bit of a fever from an ear infection when we went in initially. Made it MUCH easier only dealing with one cranky/clingy baby at a time!

8. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

can you give a little tylenol? That might help you!

9. minnieinafrica

minnieinafrica Well-Known Member

Why time did you have your shots? Mine had theirs in the morning and by 5 p.m. they were screaming from the pain at the injection site, I put little ice packs on it, gave them Tylenol and a bath and put them to bed. The next day they were much better.
    Melissa

10. MSB1203

MSB1203 Well-Known Member

The only shots we had any trouble with were the 6 month ones, but they were cutting teeth for the first time, too, so I think that is where the fever and fussiness was coming from. I am sorry you have two fussy little babies. [​IMG]

11. Angela0580

Angela0580 Well-Known Member

Abbie always gets really fussy, and Harlie sleeps a lot more, both get small fevers. I usually just give them each a little tylenol and it works really well!

12. parker_jordyn

parker_jordyn New Member

HELP!! My boys are 3 months and 3 days old and it seems that they are just fussy most of the evening. Is this common and what can my husband and I do to make them happy. They both prefer to be held when they get like this but there has to be another way? We are desperate for even 10 minutes together without the boys screaming, just long enough to at least sit down and eat dinner!!! Any suggestions?

13. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by parker_jordyn:
    HELP!! My boys are 3 months and 3 days old and it seems that they are just fussy most of the evening. Is this common and what can my husband and I do to make them happy. They both prefer to be held when they get like this but there has to be another way? We are desperate for even 10 minutes together without the boys screaming, just long enough to at least sit down and eat dinner!!! Any suggestions?

Fussiness peaks around that time, they should be more settled by 4-5 months. Having recently gone through that myself I know that sounds like forever, but time is what cures fussiness, usually. I took my time with DH after we got them laid down, it was a fuss-fest until then. If they like, you can put them in a swing or bouncer while you and DH eat, but there were many nights when DH and I would eat 1 handed or have re-heated food after they were down. Sorry I'm not more help!

14. parker_jordyn

parker_jordyn New Member

Oddly enough...it really does help to know that it won't last forever...sometimes that what it seemed like [​IMG]

Thank you!!!!

15. tdemarco01

tdemarco01 Well-Known Member

It depends on what shots they got...

I break my vaccinations up so I don't overwhelm the babies....

the Pediarax shot makes them sleep.
    the prevnar and hib shots make them weirdly fussy for days.

HTH

Teri D