gestational diabetes,help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by toni4veka, Oct 14, 2011.

1. toni4veka

toni4veka Active Member

Hello,ladies.
    I am really scared.I failed first test of gl test.Yesterday I had 3 hours gl test ,and I failed again.
    I am very scared because of the result.
    Do you have experience with this problem?Is it harmful for the babies?
    In Monday I have app with dietician
    WORRIED,
    VESNA

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Please don't worry! GD is only a problem when it is undetected. Now that they know you have it more than likely they will be able to keep it in check with diet alone. The big concern when it is undetected is that it can lead to exponential growth of the babies in utero & low blood sugar for the babies at birth. As long as your sugars are controlled for the rest of your pregnancy they will be fine. :hug:

1 person likes this.
  3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

I had GD with both of my pregnancies and all of my kids turned out fine. My recommendation is that you see an endocrinologist to manage your diabetes and see a nutritionist to learn how to eat the best for your pregnancy. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  4. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

I had GD with my singleton and was able to control it with diet alone. Like the girls have said, it is only a concern if it goes undetected.

5. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I had GD with my twins and it was certainly a challenge .. but I managed ok and the boys are both just fine. I actually needed to give myself insulin .. but it wasn't half as bad as you would think. Like others said .. it's good you found it and now can treat it. Good luck and hang in there ! :)

6. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

I am currently on a GD diet with my singleton. I haven't felt this good in a long time. I honestly had no idea how blood sugars effected my overall health. My new and current Dr. reviewed my last 3 pregnancies and said I should have been on a GD diet with each them. My twins were 6llbs 14oz and 7lbs 11oz at 37w3d delivered by c-section. Then when I attempted a VBAC with their sister I stalled out at 9cm she wouldn't descend, so I had an emergency c-section. She was way bigger than expected at 10lbs 11oz. I'm sad that my VBAC didn't work because my blood sugars weren't taken care of. So don't stress, the diet is actually pretty amazing once you get into the swing of things.