Getting nervous the boys will "reject" the new baby!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by lianyla, Apr 18, 2011.

1. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Okay. Anyone been thru this one? Or worried about it? Or NOT worried about it??

My boys are identical and TRULY truly truly BEST friends. They do EVERYTHING together. They are pretty much sewn together. I like it but now am FREAKING out cuz the new baby is a boy and I'm scared they'll leave him out or won't aknowledge him or whatever.

What's going to happen? I wouldn't be soo scared if they were boy girl twins or not AS close but WHOAH Nellie..

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I knew you were having a boy!! Congratulations!! :Clap:

I worry about this at times. :pardon: Mine aren't identicals but are very close. :wub: I think my dd will be okay with it because she's easy going like that and is okay with change... especially a baby. :lol: My son is another issue. He's already told us we need a new play room for the baby bc he can't touch their toys, he doesn't like babies and this baby will not be allowed to play with any of their toys. :unsure: I'm hoping he'll change his view once he sees this baby isn't going anywhere!! :laughing: I try not to dwell too much on these feelings because I can talk about it as much as I want now but until this baby comes and I see how exactly everyone reacts there isn't much more I can do. Hopefully all our kids will be accepting to the new bundle. :good:

3. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Hi. Yes. I had an early gender scan. Plus, I had a STRONG feeling.
    I'm hoping for the best! I mean, many people have twins and a singleton so I think it will be okay!

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I bet you will be pleasantly surprised!!

5. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I also have identical twin boys and a single boy but their age difference is 17 months so my situation is not exactly the same, but I also worried VERY much about this. I continue to be surprised at how loving the twins are of their little brother. It is so heartwarming to see them in their new role as big brothers and I can already see their relationship developing - that brings me so much joy!! I do still worry a bit that as they get older, the twins will pick on Ryan or exclude him but I have a feeling that every mother worries about these things when a new member joins the family regardless of the age difference. Besides, that's what big brothers do! But, Ryan is only 3 pounds lighter than his brothers at this point so we joke that HE will be the one picking on the twins!! Many congratulations to you on your pregnancy!!! Boys... gotta love 'em!