Getting rid of a pacifier

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by jolcia17, Mar 25, 2013.

1. jolcia17

jolcia17 Well-Known Member

So one of my twin girls still uses her pacifier. She has had two pacifiers for the longest time and was always walking around with both of them. One in her mouth, one in her hand. Last night I decided to put an end to that and so this morning I cut one of the nipples and so she is left with one paci now. She took it really well. Noticed something was wrong with her paci. I told her it broke and so she kissed it goodbye and told it I love you (it was such a sad moment for me)
    She went for her nap perfectly fine with one paci.
    So we are down to one. (I didn't want her to lose two pacifiers in one day) so now I am wondering if I should wait a couple days to get rid of the other one or let her have it for longer? We are going for a vacation next month (10 hr flight) and I don't know if I should get rid of it before the plane flight or once we come back? Any thoughts, ideas, advice?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd keep it until after the flight.

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I agree with Bex. I'd keep it until after the flight. My youngest actually hid all his plugs one day so we couldn't find any, so he went from two to zero by himself. It was really cute because he would make a game of searching for them every night. I did find them a few days later stuff in items but never gave them back.