Gift ideas for a 4 year old girl

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by FGMH, Apr 29, 2013.

1. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Our twins will soon be turning four and family, godparents etc. are asking us for gift ideas. Their big gift from us will be their first proper bikes.

I have lots of ideas for DS - magnatiles or some other construction type toy, tractors and farm equipment, a fire engine, or anything dinosaur.

But I am drawing a bit of a blank for DD:
    She enjoys arts and crafts and board games (we have lots of both) and imaginative play and outdoor play. But she does not play with dolls or the zoo set for example which I thought would be ideal for imaginative play. She does play with the train set and the farm set we have but I think mainly because she does not enjoy playing on her own and that is where DS tends to be found. Don't get me wrong - I am perfectly happy for her to do that and for her to also get farm equipment but I think they both would enjoy something that is truly just theirs and not part of a shared larger set.
    She also enjoys helping me around the house, especially in the kitchen, and gardening with me but she already has small tools, her own apron etc.
    She loves dresses so my brother always gives a really girly twirly dress.
    What do or did your 4-5 year old girls enjoy?

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Even my little girl who isnt super into dolls likes my little ponies. She also loves Lincoln log, Legos, her easel, and train or car sets.

3. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I bet she would enjoy an easel. Thank you for the idea!

The Lincoln logs are also pretty cool - I will have to have a look whether they are available here.

4. mummy2two

mummy2two Well-Known Member

A toy mixer (my DS & DD have the one from Eductional Insights and loved it); melissa & doug toy cupcakes, cookies, pizza, etc.; toy mops and brooms; dress-up stuff (dresses, hats, purses, etc.). I'm sure you'll get other ideas. It really is a fun age for presents.