Gift recommendations for the Holidays

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by mnellson, Oct 7, 2009.

1. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

I just noticed some of the other forums have a sticky for holiday gift ideas. What are you plannning on getting your kids? My girls havn't asked for anything (yet!).

I'm thinking:

desks
    Littlest Pet Shop decortae your own pet
    Games (Connect 4, Lite Brite)
    Puzzles
    Walkie Talkies
    Something Barbie
    CD's

I need to find one really cool gift, something to make them say "WOW!". :ibiggrin: Christmas is really the only time I splurg.

2. 3Xblessed

3Xblessed Well-Known Member

The only thing I know for sure right now is a basketball hoop. The twins birthday is in November so it makes it hard to come up wit stuff. For their birthday they are both getting new motocross gear since they outgrew their old set.

ETA: Maybe an IPOD shuffle because they are both getting into listening to music.

3. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

We're also doing Barbies for Christmas, and I'm thinking of this house:

Doll house

Nadia has asked for another American Girl, some Barbies and a fishing pole. No clue what that last one is about, LOL.

Do you have Sorry! or UNO? Those are the favorite games in our house.

I'm not sure what else...

4. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

All three of my girls are getting My Twinn dolls and some accessories.

5. rissakaye

rissakaye Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sarah-
    A Kirsten American Girl doll (I found a used one, they are being retired)
    It came with 3 Kirsten outfits
    Socks, tights, panties for the doll (generic, not AG)
    A few fun things for the doll and Sarah like matching necklaces
    I know my mom is making dresses and clothes for Sarah and the doll
    I know my mil is getting a horse for an 18" doll and a new outfit
    I know that she is getting a Webkinz

Timothy-
    A skateboard
    His own digital camera (we found a cheaper one with a 1 year warranty)
    Some board games?
    Some handheld games?
    I know some Star Wars stuff from my mil and a new outfit
    I know my mom wanted to make him some dress-up
    I know he is getting a Webkinz

They'll both probably get some money. And then their bday is 3 weeks after xmas so we'll be expanding this list. Some of it is seeing what they get introduced to at school that they are interested in playing with more.

Marissa

6. Jill R.

Jill R. Well-Known Member

We got Ally a netbook and Jack is getting a new mp3 player. I'll get them some little stuff too, like barbies, or more legos.

7. 2 Munchkins

2 Munchkins Well-Known Member

I hae no clue what to get I&I this year. Probalby some American Girl doll outfits. They haven't made any requests, so that doesn't help me either. Isabel loves my iphone and DH's itouch, so she might get one of her own.

8. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

The only thing I've thought of is a subscription to National Geographic Kids Magazine, and a couple of books. They have mentioned they want a different Dora DVD, and I might get the They Might Be Giants new Here Come's Science DVD as well.

ETA: Our Santa only brings things that will fit in a stocking. The Three Kings only bring one bigger thing.

9. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

We usually just buy off their list. I toss in a couple books and maybe a shirt, and we're done. We don't buy them more than 4-5 gifts each because they get so much from relatives.

Hayden and Brady have found kids' mp3 players in a catalog and both are very excited about putting those on their list. Other than that, they haven't mentioned anything.

10. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

My daughter saw that house in Costco and said she had to have it. We aren't getting it but I thought it was funny.

They are all getting clothes and some small things for their stockings
    Kira is getting an American Girl doll
    Katrina is getting a big toy horse

We only get them one toy present since they get so much from their birthday (which is in Nov and from the family at Christmas time). Anything else they want will go on their Christmas list for other people if they ask or birthday list. So far they have asked for build a bear, littlest pet shop stuffed animal that goes on the computer, Barbie and polly pockets (these two are what they are really into playing with). Katrina would also like anything horse.
    Oh and almost forgot they both would like a Thomas train so they can play with their brother. Thankfully they will be happy with whatever and don't really ask for much.

11. angelsmom2001

angelsmom2001 Well-Known Member

I have an interesting pair of lists to look at. The first few things on Cassie's list---salad, carrots, croutons and ranch dressing. Seriously, one of the last things was NO CANDY.

Holly had some similar items as well.

THEN came this

Wii
    Wii Fit
    iPod
    TV and DVD player

I guess I s hould be glad they put some more reasonably priced items on but food? Salad? Croutons? I just laughed, and remembered last years list of 9 blankets and 20 stickers. Sometimes my little Cassie can be a bit of an odd duck.

12. Ellen Barr

Ellen Barr Well-Known Member

The biggest hit here at our house is pogo sticks. They got them for their birthday a month ago, and they have used them every day since! Who knew!?

13. Side by Side

Side by Side Well-Known Member

Ohhh...Pogo sticks...what a great idea!

14. DinaJ

DinaJ Well-Known Member

Ellen, where did you get the pogo sticks? My 14 yr. old would love one!

15. DinaJ

DinaJ Well-Known Member

My boys birthday was 2 days ago, so they have a bunch of new stuff. For Christmas they are getting:

Microscope w/slides
    More star wars legos--can you ever have enough?
    A wood building kit
    binoculars
    science kits