Gifts for 5 year old girls?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by Minette, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I thought last year (at least in 2-4) we had sticky threads with gift ideas for different ages -- will that be happening again this year?

Anyhow, I didn't see a thread for 5yo girls, so I figured I'd start one. :ibiggrin:

So far we've got:
    - kids' digital camera (one each, for their birthday)
    - Ariel costume (got a really nice one at the twins club sale!), some other princess dress, and two pairs of plastic Disney princess shoes
    - a bunch of art supplies
    - Quercetti Tecno Toolbox (building toy)
    - a couple of small Playmobil sets
    - some games that my mom bought them (not sure what) -- one of them might be Zingo, based on my mom's description

Any other bright ideas, especially of the non-electronic variety? (I refuse to buy them Leapsters or any sort of electronic gizmo at this point -- they get enough screen time between Netflix and playing with Daddy's iPhone.)

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Pillow pets were a big hit here

3. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Last year I got my girls a book of fairy crafts, that was a big hit.

4. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

*underlined/capital lettered items are links to a website showing the item*

THESE Dolls---are great. They are the size of barbies, BUT look like 10-11 yr old girls, very cute clothes, multi-ethnic, & posable. They also have a line of books. Target carries the whole set of 'stuff'.

Targets knock off of American Girl 18" dolls---MY GENERATION DOLLSmine have two and LOVE them. We have all knock off stuff that is cheap- they do not even know what American Girls is so we did not want to pay the $, but they really like the 'big' dolls and clothes ( all off brand). These are fantastic for the price.

Crafty stuff--watercolors, activity books, THESE Mosaic Art kits, create-a-crown & other foam crafts from Micheals dollar bins, Melissa & Doug Paint a frame

Games- Any of THESE games from Ravensburger (or the puzzles too!), Guess Who, Zingo, Sequence for Kids, Connect 4, Animal Yatzhee

Dress up clothes

small play toys--- mine are enjoying fairy figurines, animal figurines, unicorn figurines

My Little Pony/Strawberry Shortcake anything

Music CD---we like Laurie Berkner, TMBG, and Disney musical soundtracks

small terraium/garden kit like THIS FAIRY one

Pop Up books like THIS ONE- now that they are older and can care for 'nice books' these are GREAT and have very intricate pop ups. It is a whole series by the same author

Fancy Nancy Books, DK books

ANT FARM (really my girls think this is SO COOL)- we had an older model...they would like this one for sure! Sea Monkey are another thought.

These are all things off their amazon 'wish list'!!

5. TwinxesMom

If you don't mind living things we love our ten gallon aquarium. Butterfly kits are fun but they make a better Easter present

6. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Barbies and clothes

Various crafts, art supplies

Legos

Digital cameras (the Fisher Price ones. So far, they most just like going around taking pictures, but not really doing anything like viewing them.)

Clothes - they love clothes

They each got a Jessie doll from Toy Story.

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

KCMichigan, thanks for the links to both those dolls. We've been getting the American Girl catalog (though we've never bought an AG-brand item...) and they love looking through it. I'd been thinking they might want some non-baby dolls but didn't want to shell out for AG, or worry about keeping them in good condition. We have a bunch of hand-me-down Groovy Girl dolls, and the kids like them, but find it pretty difficult to get the clothes on & off those floppy bodies.

Keep 'em coming!

8. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

Digital camera.
    Barbie/Princess type dolls
    Yard toys (buckets, bug catcher, balls, scooters, tents, sidewalk chalk, skates)
    Pillow pets
    dress up stuff (mine love makeup) wigs, cheerleader, princess dress up
    Mat for inside gymnastics
    microphone with stand and karaoke machine
    paints
    books (Fancy Nancy, Princess, Ruby, and easy reader type)

9. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

That's how my girls found out about American Girl dolls some how we started getting the catalog. I finally broke down and bought them for my girls last year. They also really like the My Generation Dolls and accessories. My daughter got a big horse that was My generation and loves it and their clothes fit American Girl dolls.

Besides what everyone else has mentioned I know my girls loved (and still do) polly pockets and my niece is really into littlest pet shop.

10. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

I got my friend's twin girls Polly Pockets for their 5th birthday. I just gotta remember to wrap and mail them. :FIFblush:

11. TwinxesMom

Disney has princess and me dolls which are the same size as American girl and they are so cute