Gifts for 7 year old girls

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by delby23, Nov 11, 2008.

1. delby23

delby23 Well-Known Member

If any of you have 7-year-old girls I could use some creative gift ideas for my niece. My sister says that she can't really think of much this year for her daughter and, therefore, I haven't come up with any good ideas yet either. One constraint is that my niece will be at my house for Christmas so her gifts can't be too, too large due to having to fly home after the holidays. I plan on getting her a subscription to the American Girl Magazine and maybe an outfit for that doll, but I would just like one or two other ideas. Any good ideas? Thanks for your help!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How about going to JoAnn's or Michael's and looking in their craft section? They have bracelet sets, stained glass (paint) sets, stuffed animal sets with clothes, (kind of build-a-bear lite). . .The craft part will also keep her busy while she's at your house.

3. Becky02

Becky02 Well-Known Member

Not sure if you wanted to buy her toys or craft things but for small toys you can buy her polly pockets, littlest pet shop, or the mini my little ponies. My girls are only 6 but they really love to color and draw so maybe some art stuff like paper and then markers or something. I also like the idea that the pp gave they have a lot of things even at wal mart for making your own bracelets and jewerly.

4. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

My niece is 8 and just had a birthday. She loves Polly Pocket and she just got her first American girl doll. If your niece already has a doll, Target sell clothes that fit and they are a lot cheaper. You can buy at least 2 for the price of one AG outfit. She is also starting to get into Barbies.

5. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

American Girl also has matching outfits, for doll and owner. You could buy matching PJ's for both. Just an idea. I know my girls love that kind of stuff.

6. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

How about an ID braclet or a nice necklace? A scarf and hat set would be cute. Doe she like to read? A book or a magazine subscription could be fun (and somehting to do on the plane). Does she like Webkinz? DVDs and CDs are always cool. DO you think she would like a journal?

7. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

Gena just turned eight, so she was seven. She was into dressup stuff, and webkinz.
    but, you should really get her a book. Get her interested in reading. It will be good 4 her!

8. allgood2000

allgood2000 Well-Known Member

I got my 7 yo niece a charm bracelet for her birthday. It was so cute! It had a sparkly 'a' on it (for Alexis), and then we got her several charms to put on it. She really seemed to love it - taking it out of the package right then and having me help her put it together and put it on. We also got her a shirt and matching headband to go with the bracelet. I don't know if they would still have them, but we got the bracelet at Kohl's and I thought they were stinking cute!

9. Haley'sHope

Haley'sHope Well-Known Member

my niece is 7 & i am getting her one of the american girls book sets for christmas. i got her the ones about kit because the kit movie just came out over the summer but i have read all of them myself & they are all really good. as a bonus they will easily fit in a suitcase when she has to fly back & she can read them on the plane.