Gifts for the teacher/kids?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by cm301263, Dec 18, 2013.

1. cm301263

cm301263 Well-Known Member

My boys are in preschool & I am not really sure if we should be getting a little something for their teacher and/or the other children in the class....what do you guys do that have kids in school?

2. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I usually do something small and preferably hand made.  I've made cinnamon dough ornaments when my oldest was in preschool, I did candy cane bead ornaments when my second child was in preschool, this year we found little christmas tree ornament craft kits at michaels for cheap, 16 ornaments for $5.  So we (I) made a christmas tree bead ornament for the twins preschool, as well as Kaelyn's 1st grade class.

For the twins teachers.....Mrs Martha has taught all 4 of my children in 4K.  She's an incredibly special lady, a wonderful teacher, and my kids have all been blessed to start their school careers with her.  So for her and her assistant this year I bought handmade teacher ornaments that a close friend of mine made, they are hand stamped.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/168908203/personalized-teacher-gift-gifts-for?ref=shop_home_active  This is her etsy link for them.  I love them so much!  I also made peppermint bark to wrap up with the ornaments and peppermint bark for Kaelyn's two 1st grade teachers.

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I am much less creative... I usually go for consumables.  For Christmas, I gave our kids' preschool teachers a small box chocolate (from an insanely good local chocolate maker), Bath and Body Works hand soap, and a $10 gift card to Panera.  Last year, I did Target gift cards (who doesn't love Target).  Not that it really matters, but I spent about $30 for each teacher or $15 for each twin.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We did lotion/body spray and Chapstick along with a gift card for kids preschool teacher and bags with little flutes and candies for the kids...it's a small preschool though (21 kids between 3 and 4 year preschool).

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

We did bath and body hand washs. It was onsale, 6 for $20 and I got $10 off of $30 coupon for later. My daughter got 2 teachers. Son got 3. I have each 3 bottles. Their teachers loved those

6. KCMichigan

KCMichigan Well-Known Member

As a preschool teacher and a parent: gifts are appreciated but not expected.

About 70% of my preschool kids give gifts to teachers and only one or two kids bring for other kids.

My favorite gifts are handwritten notes from child/family and then if they give a gift- books & supplies for our class, or gift cards (5-10$ to Starbucks was a common one this year!).

7. 1stbabies

1stbabies Well-Known Member

I did gift cards for teachers and book for the class. (I thought of gift bags for their class mates too but too much  last minute work, shopping and I needed sleep still = ) so I did not do it. )

8. tarcoulis

tarcoulis Well-Known Member

In preschool we gave gift cards for the teachers and made a Christmas tree shaped piñata for the class which contained small toys.