Gina!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by cheezewhiz24, Mar 5, 2014.

1. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How are ya? Is Caleb here?

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

No baby yet! :(

Today I'd only progressed to a "good" 2cm. So she did a membrane sweep and then mentioned that some women swear by eating pineapple and that it wouldn't hurt if I wanted to try that. So on the way home I went and got some fresh pineapple. LOL

I did have some good contractions throughout the day, but they seem to have stopped for now. 

I think he's just content to bake a little longer. I'm trying to find my patience. Ha! :)

Thank you for thinking of me! :wub:

1 person likes this.
  3. cheezewhiz24

You were on my mind around lunch, but I hate using my phone to start a topic. :)

4. gina_leigh

I know it doesn't mean too much, but I lost my mucus plug a little while ago!!

Like I said, I know it doesn't mean much, but I'm hoping labor starts soon. I dreamed last night that my water broke. It was so vidid that I had to check the bed when I got up to use the bathroom. It hadn't. Lol

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Did that mucous plug come with any bloody show??? :D If so, this could be it. If nothing else, it does mean your cervix is changing which is always a good sign. :)

6. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Hey the day before I had Gabriella I had a dream that Lego Batman was my midwife.  I think it was a sign!  So your dream could be a sign too!

1 person likes this.
  7. gina_leigh

No bloody show unfortunately :(
    Just off-white.

I did have a lot cramping for about 2 hours, but only a few contractions.

I had one really painful cramp, that made my crotch hurt really bad last night. And it did it again right before I lost my mucos plug earlier. I'd bent down to get the dog and it hurt really bad for a second.

I keep trying to visualize my water breaking or contractions starting and not stopping. I'm hoping my dream comes true!!

8. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

*fingers crossed* it's soon Gina!! I'm so excited for you!

9. cheezewhiz24

Ooh! Yay!!! Thanks for the update. 2 good cm, mucous plug and contractions? You are so close!

10. gina_leigh

Oh my goodness.

Yesterday afternoon my sinuses started bothering me- a little congestion and sore throat. Felt worse when I went to bed.

Then woke up around 4am and threw up and had an upset stomach. Not sure if it's a stomach bug or what Chris, MIL, and I had for dinner last night. Threw up again this morning before taking the kids to school.

So over this crap right now! :(

Thanks for letting me vent.

11. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

When are you going to get checked again? Be careful! With coop I had sinus problems when I went into labor and with Amelia I actually vomited her out!!

1 person likes this.
  12. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Gina-how are you doing now??? Any better?

13. cheezewhiz24

Gah! That is awful.

Are you feeling any better today?

14. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Throwing up can actually be an early sign of labor. Basically your body decides to evacuate all premises to make more room for baby. ;) Hopefully it's that and not a stomach bug. :(

15. AimeeThomp

Ooh I wonder if she's having the baby right now!

16. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I was going to mention this too!  I was really nauseous before I went into labor and was using the bathroom a lot.  Although thankfully, I wasn't throwing up.  Fingers crossed!

17. gina_leigh

No baby yet!

I'm pretty sure it's a virus. I took Rea to the doctor Wednesday because she'd been complaining of a stomach ache and he said she basically had a virus without the vomiting. But I did not know it could be a sign of labor!

I've had a few contractions off and on today, but nothing consistent yet. And thankfully no more vomiting since about 630 this morning.

It would be awesome if my water would just break!

18. gina_leigh

Just passed the rest of my mucus plug. Threw up again and it passed then.

Called the nurses line and they think it's just a 24hr bug and to stay as hydrated as possible, monitor Caleb's movement, and contractions.

Ready for this fun to be over! I don't do throw up very well. (This is the 5th time in my life I've thrown up.) Thank goodness for my rock star husband!

19. AimeeThomp

I hope it's close!

20. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are getting close!

21. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Gina!  I hope the bug passes and Caleb arrives soon!