"Girly" Swing Sets???

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Kellyx2, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find a "girly" wooden swing/playset? I want to see if I can order one now on sale so I have it in the summer for their 1st b-day party. They are all very boy looking....green canopies, yellow slides, etc. I want a pink slide! HA!

2. Kellyx2

Anyone know where I can find a "girly" wooden swing/playset? I want to see if I can order one now on sale so I have it in the summer for their 1st b-day party. They are all very boy looking....green canopies, yellow slides, etc. I want a pink slide! HA!

3. Melis

Melis Well-Known Member

We are in the market for a swing set too I look forward to the replies [​IMG]

4. Kellyx2

Anyone??

5. Cortney

Cortney Well-Known Member

The only one I ever saw girlized was because some one painted and such. The slide I couldn't tell it was ever painted, I came out and asked the parents and they said they painted it themselves.

6. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

Santa's elves are building a swing set for our girls while we go to my parents later this week. Hopefully my oldest won't notice when we get home Christmas Eve. I could only find a yellow slide, but if you can find a pink one, please let me know!! I would love one. I am having him build a window box on the fort so I can plant some flowers. I figure that would girlie it up!

7. Kellyx2

Inlowtwins...

Did you purchase a kit and you are putting together?

What color are you painting it?

8. Inlowtwins

Inlowtwins Well-Known Member

Hey Kelly -

I wish DH was that handy, but we have hired someone that built a darling playhouse for our neighbors last Christmas (can't wait to get one of those!!). He said that he didn't need the kit, can could just look at someone's and build it. I think we are going to just leave it the wood color and maybe paint the window box something funky! I'm so excited about having an outdoor activity for our girls.

9. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

How about getting a wood set with a yellow slide and then painting the wood part pink, purple or some other pretty color? Just a thought.

10. Liberty

Liberty Member

They make that spray paint for the outdoor steptwo or littletykes toys now so you can make them look new after a couple years of fading in the sun! See if they have it in pink.

11. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

We have a wooden one that is just stained wood with dark green accessories. The man at the toystore where we bought it recommended the green b/c it seems to deter bugs the most. He said that yellow seems to attract them. I'm not sure it there is any truth to that or not. I would avoid painting it if you get a lot of snow or rain where you live b/c you will have to repaint it frequently. If it's just stained/sealed you shouldn't need to.