good christmas gift for a 3 month old?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Nov 16, 2011.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

i cant for the life of me remember what my kids played with, lol....or 'did' for that matter.
    any ideas for a relatively inexpensive gift for a baby for christmas? it's for a boy.

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

A wooden teether, mat to lie on, or cloth book that has those crinkly things in it so that when he's able to grasp things he can play with it?

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I love all those brightly colored teething/texture toys -- the ones with something crinkly, something bumpy, something smooth, etc. I wish my kids still played with those!

That said -- I don't think they actually played with anything much at 3 months, but they did when they got a tiny bit older. At 3 months they mostly just looked at things. Sarah's favorite thing in the whole world was a soft star-shaped thing with batteries -- when you turned it on a whole bunch of lights would flash in random patterns, and it played Baby Einstein-type music. (I don't know if it was actually Baby Einstein.) I think that star might have been the first thing she smiled at.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sophie the Giraffe.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Scout! He'll play with it for a long time.