Got my new vehicle

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by snoopytwins, Jun 23, 2008.

1. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Well with baby on the way, there was no way I was fitting three car seats in my HHR. Fortunately, DH's F-250 crew cab has plenty of room for 3 across the back but I had to come up with something. We got a 2008 Ford Taurus X (it's a crossover) Our model seats 6 (you can get a model that seats 7) and I love the 3rd row seats. We put the boys back there, and we even ventured forward facing (been too chicken to turn them) so that baby can have one of the second row bucket seats. Got lots of features (DVD player, etc) and a fair amount of cargo space (not totally great but enough) and best of all it fits all my car seats and I still have room for another 2 adults with me. Yay!

Just one less thing to "worry" about with baby on the way.

2. kcole

kcole Well-Known Member

Yay! My DH is wanting to buy another new vehicle - he seems to think each time I have a baby , he gets a new car! Uh, no... not the way it works. I love my 3rd row seat - and will be so excited when they can buckle their own seatbelts!

3. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new car!! I agree its nice to have the extra room :)

4. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new car!!! Our lease on the f 150 is up really soon. We were going to go with the Flex but decided againat it b/c it just came out. So we are going between an Explorer with a 3rd row or an Expedition.

Just curious if you dont mind sharing . What is your monthly on you car if your leasing? we have been waiting for our guy to get back with us with our numbers.

5. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(nikki_0724 @ Jun 23 2008, 07:15 PM) [snapback]841991[/snapback]
    Congrats on your new car!!! Our lease on the f 150 is up really soon. We were going to go with the Flex but decided againat it b/c it just came out. So we are going between an Explorer with a 3rd row or an Expedition.

Just curious if you dont mind sharing . What is your monthly on you car if your leasing? we have been waiting for our guy to get back with us with our numbers.

Sorry can't help you...we're not leasing, it's financed for purchase. We thought about the Flex too but needed to go ahead and trade my old car in before the mileage got any higher so we went with the Taurus X...it's comparable to the Flex just not quite as SUV'ish, if that makes sense!

6. jamey2193

jamey2193 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new car!