Graco Duoglider - questions that need answers, please

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Jaciee, Oct 6, 2008.

1. Jaciee

Jaciee Member

I just got a Graco Duoglider and I have some questions for someone who already has one

1 - I put the 2 carseats on there, the front one "snaps" but the back one does not "snap in", it just rests on the snack tray. Is that correct?

2 - I had to take the mommy snack tray off to fit the back carseat. Is that correct? I'm dissapointed that it seems I can't have a cupholder for myself.

3 - Folding.. which parts need to come off? The front tray? The canopies?

What pros & cons do you like about the stroller?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Jerra

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jaciee @ Oct 7 2008, 12:58 AM) [snapback]1014712[/snapback]
    I just got a Graco Duoglider and I have some questions for someone who already has one

1 - I put the 2 carseats on there, the front one "snaps" but the back one does not "snap in", it just rests on the snack tray. Is that correct?

2 - I had to take the mommy snack tray off to fit the back carseat. Is that correct? I'm dissapointed that it seems I can't have a cupholder for myself.

Jerra

1. The back one, should clip in as well for safety. You should not be able to move it if I remember correctly.

2. You should still be able to slide the car seat under the snack tray so that you can use the cup holder, etc.

3. Nothing needs to come off when you fold it.

Pros-easy to use, no need to transfer sleeping babies out of their seats and into the stroller.

Cons-its a bit heavy to lift and mine did not like to ride back to back once they got older. Neither of them liked the back seat. It seemed like it was awkward for them to sit there.

Great stroller for the first year IMO.

Graco Duoglider Manual from their website. I just used the one that we basically had. So, if this doesnt work for you, here is the graco duoglider website and you can choose which one is closest to what you have and go from there.

3. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

to fit it in some cars you have to remove the front tray and the front canopy.

I don't understand about removing the mommy tray...

It is heavy but man it stears so good!!

4. stefwebb

stefwebb Well-Known Member

We had a snap n go to use with the carseats so I don't have any advice for you there. I've just started using mine and I find it very heavy (but again I was used to the SNG). I also HATE the buckles on it. They are so small and with squirmy boys the shoulder straps seem to fall off the buckle before I can get it snapped into the center. I'm hoping practice will make it easier.

On the plus side, it's very easy to fold and the boys like it so far.

5. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

I have this one as well and the back carseat should snap into place for you... you need to put the back one in first (the the stroller seat reclined all the way down) then you click the front one into place. The mommy tray/cup holder up top is always in place as well. I don't have the first seat canopy on when I have their carseats in it (I don't think it'll fit that way??? maybe it will... don't know) but have put it on if I have my 2 year old in the front - and am able to fold it down without removing anything.

I absolutely love it and use it for our daily walks and pretty much whenever we go some place. I find it very easy to set up and snap the girls into it and it "drives" quite nicely :)

sorry you're having some difficulties with your big purchase - so if you have any other specific questions.. just ask :)
    ps: when folding it down both seats need to be in their upright position

6. Brown Eyed Gurl

Brown Eyed Gurl Well-Known Member

both carseats should snap....and both trays stay on......mine has a cup holder and a cubby up by the handle and to fold you don't have to take anything off just make sure both seats are in a upright position and the front canopy is all the way forward....and lock the front wheels......I do however take off the front tray to get it to fit in my trunk.....

7. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I remember posting a question about the front canopy when I was in the FY :).

I know there's a NEW Duoglider, so I can only give experience from the model we bought about 2 yrs ago (which I've still seen at Sears, so I know they still make it).

I rarely use the front canopy as I think the back baby can't see as well, but occasionally I'll snap it on if it's really sunny or if we'll be outside for a LONG period of time. I usually remove it when I fold it up, but only b/c I rarely use it. If it stays on, just fold it all the way forward & fold it that way.

I have a van, so size was never an issue in folding. I never removed snack trays or anything. I honestly have no clue if my parent tray even COMES off!

As for the back baby, I used to put them in first. Slip their feet in as far as they go & push down hard on the snack tray. You should really make SURE they're "snapped" in for safety purposes. I did used to have a hard time getting that baby out & sometimes had to push DOWN while pulling up on the carseat release thing to get them out. I can't tell you how many times I felt embarrassed in a parking lot b/c I couldn't get the back baby out :)! Because of that, when I switched Aiden to a 'big boy carseat' around 5 mos, Conner always got to ride in his carseat in the FRONT seat with Aiden in the back.

Now that my boys are out of their infant seats, I still find pros & cons to the stroller. I don't like the backseat & I don't like how the shoulder straps don't adjust very easily. I have also had some issues buckling in wiggly boys, but I'm a pro now ;). I LOVE the way it folds (I, personally, don't lock the front wheels...I just push it forward so it's in alignment before I fold it), LOVE the way it steers, & LOVE the storage space. My guys don't sleep in a stroller, so I don't know about how comfy it'd be for the front baby.

We have a SBS & I hate it. I'll probably sell it & just stick with the Duoglider (and our wagon).

Good luck with the stroller...I think it's a GREAT purchase!

8. ca2pa2005

ca2pa2005 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Jaciee @ Oct 6 2008, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1014712[/snapback]

Jerra

I have a Duoglider and really like it although I had to practice getting the seats in and out. This maybe a repeat of what others have already said.

Put the back seat in first. You have to make sure that seat is reclined all the way back. There are two hooks in the back you need to undo to get the stroller seat to recline back. Then I take the infant seat and angle it in feet first. Then I push it down until I hear it snap.

Sounds like you have no problem with the front seat.

I don't remove any trays. There is a cup holder and compartment up by the handle of the stroller, sometimes my canopy can hide it.

When you fold you just have to make sure all the wheels are pointed forward and then collapse. It should lock. I don't remove anything when I fold.

Hope that helps.