Graco PNP Question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AKilburn, Jul 24, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

So I've taken y'alls advice and I've decided to just use the PNP in our room for a little while (until they outgrow the bassinet part). My questions are, the mattress they have for the the PNP is really thin, it's a typical PNP mattress though. I've seen that they sell PNP mattresses which more like crib mattresses. Did any of y'all use an additional mattress with your PNP or just what it came with?

Also ... where in the world can I find a mobile for the PNP???? It came with the arch but I'd really like a mobile and I can't seem to find one anywhere.

2. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I used the mattress thingie that the pack n play came with for all my kids, the same pack n play even! As far as a mobile goes, you could get or make one and hang it from the ceiling. Honestly I've never used one for any of my kids.

3. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used the pnp mattress that came with it, but I didn't use it every single night for them, i had a crib in my room for them to share. If I was going to put them in the pnp every night (like on vacation) I folded up a couple blankets underneath the mattress, to give it a little squish.

As for a mobile, I bought one for my oldest son but he never used it so I never bothered buying one for the others. I'd more recommend one of the "crib toy" type things, especially something with lullabies, you'll probably get more use out if it than an actual mobile ;)

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup-I just used the mattress it came with, if you want to call it that. Lol! They don't know any better!

As for mobiles, our pnp's came with them. I did go out and buy a big fancy one. Yeah. That was a big, fancy waste of money! Lol! Don't do it! Get a crib toy or something and save your money!

5. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I agree just go with a crib toy instead of a mobile. Mobiles are outgrown SO quickly. I had a crib projector. I can't find it on Walmart or Target site but I know I bought it at Target. It projected images up on the ceiling. It was pretty big too so no doubt they could see it. Mine clipped to the side of the crib but would also come off and you could move it around. The base part still was connected to the crib and had a cute little mirror. The girls loved that too. You could set the projector off to the side and the babies would still be able to see the image on the ceiling. Mine had two different levels of music but I still thought the lowest setting was too high. I ended up putting a piece of clear packing tape over the speaker area to muffle the sound. Once they got to be about 4-5 mos I took it off. My girls are two next week and we just recently (last month) stopped using it when they moved into toddler beds. I only changed the batteries in it once too!

6. AKilburn

I didnt think about the blankets, that's a good idea. And honestly I was wondering if the mobile would even be worth it. My SIL and niece got us the seahorse thingy, kind of like the glow worm we grew up with it, that plays multiple lullabys, and I wonder if that rather than the mobile would be better. Honestly I got the mobile that matches the nursery bedding and it plays Brhams lullaby and omg it's HORRIBLE, it's a really tinny/annoying/totally NOT soothing noise, lol and I guess I'm scared if I get another it'll have that same horrible noise too. lol.

7. christinam

I agree that most mobiles are annoying. I loved that my projector had three different choices. One was lullabys, one nature, and the other I have no clue. I would let the girls play in their cribs when they were real little and always used the nature setting for a little background noise. They really loved it.

As far as sheets I never used anything with the pack-n-play. Just the pad that came with it.

8. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We just recently got my 3 yr old twin dd the seahorse, she suddenly became scared of the dark. It's wonderful!

I'll never find the crib toy I had, my oldest is 10 yrs old and I bought it when i was pregnant with him :lol: But, I loved the little fisher price ones the best, ours lasted through 4 kiddo's. You can't beat that! I donated it when the twins went into separate cribs, it was still in good enough condition. It had a button on the front so they could turn it on themselves, and had a small light with little moving parts they can watch...I think it was seahorses and stars or something like that. Loved that thing.

9. christinam

My 3(soon to be 4) had the seahorse and LOVED it. I used it every night.

10. AKilburn

I got the blue one and pink one for my baby shower ... I was organizing everything I got from the baby shower and I pulled the tabs out of both of them and they were both playing at the same time, different tunes, it took me 5 min to figure out how to shut them off, lol! But I will say when only one was playing it was pretty soothing.