Graco SnugRide vs Maxi-Cosi Mico

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by scorpion509, Jan 16, 2009.

1. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

Girls,
    you already became a mom for twins and I am sure did a lot of research and even made you decision.
    What do you think which one is better?
    I remember when I had my son 3 years ago I was given the pegpergo car seat. and it was very heavy and I did the research and found the maxi -cosi is the lightest car seat. but I know that snugride made the carseat light too.
    Does anyone consider maxi cosi? whould you suggest to buy it ?
    I am trying to find the weight and I found different numbers.

Please advice, what would you buy?

Thank you.

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the maxi cosi, but I didn't like the snugride. The seat itself is great, it's relatively easy to use, but when you move the straps to the second holes and tighten, there is a buckle that was getting stuck all the time in the back on both my seats. You had to pretty much flip the seat over to fix it, and it was just a real pain. I wouldn't recommend it for that reason. The seats were manufactured 2 years apart and both had the same issue.

3. Rach1137

Rach1137 Well-Known Member

We actually use the Graco SafeSeats. They are a little heavier than both of the seats that you asked about, but we chose them since the boys will be able to ride in them longer because the weight limit goes to 30lbs. We also chose them because they seemed to be a little more heavy duty than the snugrides. We were in an accident with the seats and were impressed that the boys didn't move and the bases weren't even loosened by the impact. When we replaced them we bought the exact same seats since we were happy with them. They are heavier and I will be the first to admit that I am tired of lugging around 10 pounds of seat plus the babies, but overall we've been really happy with our choice.

4. LisaLonnie

LisaLonnie Well-Known Member

Are you planning on using the Snap N Go stroller frame? That was the one of the biggest factors we chose the Graco Snugride seats. We couldn't live without our SNG!!

Take care,
    Lisa

5. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

Can't help you with the other car seat, but we used the Snugrides for ours, and I have zero complaints. They were reasonably priced, and both babies were really safe and secure in them. We never had any problems with anything getting snagged at the back of the carseats when we adjusted the straps. I agree, the weight limit on the safe seats are higher, but I'm actually glad we didn't pay extra and get them, as my little girl is really long for her age anyway, and would have outgrown the height limit regardless. Agree with the PP about the Snap and Go frame. That thing was a lifesaver for us, although again, DD has outgrown that too.

DS is still in his snugride, but we will be switching him to a convertible soon too.

With regards to the weight limits and infant car seats though, there comes a time when carrying around two babies in car seats becomes back breaking!

6. alex&andysmom

alex&andysmom Well-Known Member

We use the Snugrides here, It was so handy in the beginning to just stap them into the duo-glider. As pp said there does come a time carrying 2 car seats gets heavy, or in our case impossible-I injured my elbow doing it, so be carefull :)

7. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

Thank you girls for your replies
    Yes, I am planing to buy snap and go for carseat because the stroller I choose doesn't have carseat adapters.
    and I notice that snugride is the lightest car seta. If I will buy it I would go with 22lb because with my son he was long and outgrew his pegperego by height before then by weight. so I think we will buy convertable after they will outgrow the instant carseat.
    Another thing what I think I like with snugride it compatible with swing I saw it on Amason. not sure if someone use it. but swing just has a adapter for carseat and you just put carseat on that and you got the swing and it' seasy to take it with you anywhere.

8. Carefulove

Carefulove Well-Known Member

Please check THIS website

9. alex&andysmom

alex&andysmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(scorpion509 @ Jan 16 2009, 01:33 PM) [snapback]1150261[/snapback]
    Thank you girls for your replies
    Yes, I am planing to buy snap and go for carseat because the stroller I choose doesn't have carseat adapters.
    and I notice that snugride is the lightest car seta. If I will buy it I would go with 22lb because with my son he was long and outgrew his pegperego by height before then by weight. so I think we will buy convertable after they will outgrow the instant carseat.
    Another thing what I think I like with snugride it compatible with swing I saw it on Amason. not sure if someone use it. but swing just has a adapter for carseat and you just put carseat on that and you got the swing and it' seasy to take it with you anywhere.

We got the little swings that the snugrides snap into, they are great!!!! my kids had bad reflux so they spent a lot of time in the car seats and how perfect-instant swing, our has vibrate and sounds too. we didn't have to purchase swings either, which I had not room for anyway. They fold so you can take them with you too. :)

10. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the Maxi but I used the Snugride. I thought they were great, but very heavy, and there also is a variety of strollers that fit them so that's a plus.